ShipStore web site ShipStore advertising
testata inforMARE
ShipStore web site ShipStore advertising

16 December 2017 The on-line newspaper devoted to the world of transports 19:52 GMT+1



November 22, 2017

This page has been automatically translated by
Original news
The Harbour Authority of Antwerp buys 720 kilometers of oil pipe-lines

It will acquire for 44 million euros the Nationale Maatschappij der Pijpleidingen

The Harbour Authority of Antwerp will buy the Nationale Maatschappij der Pijpleidingen (NMP), society that a net of conducts possesses that connects the Belgian harbour port of call to the industries oil chemistries and of the hinterland. The company will be yielded for 44 million euros from the Belgian Ackermans & van Haaren, that it possesses 75% of the capital of the society, and from the Electrabel compatriot, that it stops remaining 25%.

The net of conducts and oil pipe-lines of NMP is extended for 720 kilometers. The harbour authority has specified that currently 86% of the revenues of the society are generated by the 600 kilometers of conducts that are found in the harbour area or that they connect the companies of the harbour cluster of Antwerp with the petrochemical societies Kempen, in Flanders, and Feluy, in Vallonia. Ulterior a 11% of the revenues come from joint venture that manages 117,5 kilometers of conducts, of which 67,8 kilometers in the harbour area of Antwerp.

"The conducts - it has evidenced the managing director of the Harbour Authority, Jacques Vandermeiren - constitute ideal means of transport for the chemical and oil industry. Giving they approached to a net of conducts that is opened to all the users we will at least obtain advantages on two foreheads: we will contribute to strengthen the presence in the port of this field, that it is so important for the economy of Belgium and Flanders; moreover in the region of Antwerp they will come ulteriorly consolidated the many logistic flows that gravitate on the harbour area. Moreover the oil pipe-lines represent the more respectful means of transport of the atmosphere, more efficient from the energetic and surer point of view, and they will help us to create opportunity of increase in the within of the energetic transition, an area in which we, with our only platform, carry out a role key".

ABB Marine Solutions
Est Europea Servizi Terminalistici
Consorzio ZAI



Search for hotel
Destination
Check-in date
Check-out date








Search on



Select the subject:  All
News
Ports
Tourism
Database
Aviation
Trucking



Index Home Page News

- Piazza Matteotti 1/3 - 16123 Genoa - ITALY
phone: +39.010.2462122, fax: +39.010.2516768, e-mail