ShipStore web site ShipStore advertising
testata inforMARE
ShipStore web site ShipStore advertising

28 May 2018 The on-line newspaper devoted to the world of transports 03:17 GMT+2



May 2, 2018

This page has been automatically translated by
Original news
The intermodal operator Helvetic Hupac will buy railway society German ERS Railways

The acquisition will include 47% of the capital of the boxXpress

The intermodal operator Helvetic Hupac will acquire the entire share capital of German ERS Railways, specialized railway society in transport from and for the German ports that are of property of the railway group American Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (G&W) and of its branch railway British Freightliner. The transaction, object of an agreement which signed with a society controlled from G&W, will include the quota 47% that ERS stops in the compatriot boxXpress, railway company that work in the same market of the ERS and whose remaining 53% of the capital are subdivided between the German Eurogate Intermodal (38%) and German TX Logistik (15%), these last of entire property of the Mercitalia Logistics of the group Italian Railroads of the State.

The Swiss society has emphasized that, with the acquisition, the net offered from ERS in departure from the German ports will go to complete the net inland of Hupac centralized on Antwerp and Rotterdam being strengthened ulteriorly the position of the company in the European marine logistics inland, a segment - it has found Hupac - in strong sure increase in the past few years with a potential one of development for the future, since the globalization will continue to demand performing nets of transport from the ports to the outback and the outback to the ports.

Hupac has specified that ERS will completely remain an independent society and will be able to assure to its customers an added value thanks to the synergies with Hupac. Moreover the existing cooperation with Freightliner for the traction of the continental trains will continue and will be developed ulteriorly.

In the 2017 ERS it has realized revenues from operating activities pairs to about 50 million euros and has transported on track loaded pairs to beyond 200.000 container teu.

Bernd Decker, current business development ERS manager, united to Renzo Capanni, director of the businesses unit Company Shuttle and Shuttle Net South-East Europe di Hupac Intermodal KNOWS, will be to the guide of the ERS as members of the direction, continuing to guide of the development.


ABB Marine Solutions
Est Europea Servizi Terminalistici



Search for hotel
Destination
Check-in date
Check-out date








Search on



Select the subject:  All
News
Ports
Tourism
Database
Aviation
Trucking



Index Home Page News

- Piazza Matteotti 1/3 - 16123 Genoa - ITALY
phone: +39.010.2462122, fax: +39.010.2516768, e-mail