ShipStore web site ShipStore advertising
testata inforMARE
ShipStore web site ShipStore advertising

18 July 2019 The on-line newspaper devoted to the world of transports 13:32 GMT+2



April 5, 2019

This page has been automatically translated by
Original news
The Court of London di International Arbitrato decides that the government of Djibouti must reimburse DP World

Shown the acknowledgment of ulterior damages if the executive had to come to an agreement himself with other operators in order to develop the traffic of the container

It prints Middle Eastern has announced that tuesday London Court of International Arbitration has decided that the State of Djibouti will have to pay 385 million dollars more the interests to the Doraleh Container Terminal (DCT), terminalista society participated to 66.66% from the Port de Djibouti and to 33.34% from the terminalista group DP World of Dubay, in order not to have respected the terms of the contract of exclusive right which signed with joint venture for the development of the new container terminal of the port of Djibouti that is inaugurated on February 7, 2009, nine years after the subscription of an agreement between the government of the nation African and Dubay Ports Authority, agency whose activities then are met in DP World(on May 9, 2000, 7 9 june 2004 and February 2009).

Last year DP World had activated a procedure of arbitrateed near the London court accusing the government of Djibouti to have assumed the control of joint venture cancelling the concession contract undersigned in 2006 and turning out the group of Dubay, government whom then it has involved in the development of the harbour activities dedicated to the traffic of the container China Merchants Port Holdings Co. (CMPort) of Hong Kong(on January 2, 2013 and 17 January 2017). According to the arbitral court, the government of Djibouti has violated the terms of the contractual agreement coming to an agreement itself with the CMPort, that he stops 23.5% of the Port of Djibouti (remaining 76.5% of the capital is in the hands of the State), for the development of activity in the field of the containerized trade.

Moreover the Court of London di possible International Arbitrato has shown the eventual acknowledgment of ulterior damages if the government of Djibouti had to decide, without the consent of DP World, to tighten agreements with other operators in order to develop activity in the segment of the container. The reference is also to the Doraleh International Container Terminal (DICT), society that last year the government had planned to institute with the French shipowning group CMA CGM for the management of a new container terminal in the port African.


Evergreen Line
Vincenzo Miele



Search for hotel
Destination
Check-in date
Check-out date








Index Home Page News

- Piazza Matteotti 1/3 - 16123 Genoa - ITALY
phone: +39.010.2462122, fax: +39.010.2516768, e-mail