ShipStore web site ShipStore advertising
testata inforMARE
ShipStore web site ShipStore advertising

19 September 2019 The on-line newspaper devoted to the world of transports 18:42 GMT+2



May 29, 2019

This page has been automatically translated by
Original news
Sri Lanka is come to an agreement with Japan and India in order to realize the fourth container terminal of the port of Columbus

It will have an ability to annual handling pairs to 2,4 million teu

The government Sri Lankan has signed an agreement with the governments of Japan and India in order to constitute a Terminal Operating Company (TOC) that he will get ahead the construction and he will manage the new East Container Terminal (ECT) of the port of Columbus, that will be the fourth main terminal for containers of the cingalese port of call. The Memorandum of Cooperation which signed from the parts previews that Sri Lanka Ports Authority (SLPA) stops 51% of the capital of the TOC and that you leave named from the governments of Japan and India possesses remaining 49%, while the entire property of the terminal will be stopped by the SLPA. The understanding previews moreover that in the next few months the parts sign a specific Memorandum of Understanding.

The SLPA has announced that diplomatic sources indicate that the Japanese government is ready to grant a loan of 500 million dollars about in order getting ahead the realization of the new harbour terminal, with the first phase of the project that is completed in 2015 and that it has benefitted of a loan of 80 million dollars of the Bank of Ceylon that has allowed to realize a dock of 440 linear meters in a position to receiving portacontainer of the ability until 18.000 teu, to prepare areas for 18 hectares and to acquire means of handling between which four crane of dock.

The entire project previews that the East Container Terminal has 1,200 linear meters of dock with depth of the -18 backdrop meters and an ability to annual handling pairs to 2,4 million teu.


PSA Genova Pra'



Search for hotel
Destination
Check-in date
Check-out date








Index Home Page News

- Piazza Matteotti 1/3 - 16123 Genoa - ITALY
phone: +39.010.2462122, fax: +39.010.2516768, e-mail