January 15, 2020
- Konecranes to restructure container terminal cranes
Yilport in the port of Taranto
- Order for seven ship-to-shore cranes and 16 ship-to-shore cranes
rail portal currently inactive
- Turkey's Yilport Holding commissioned Finnish
Konecranes maintenance and refurbishment of 23 vehicles
lift for the container terminal at the Polysectoral Pier of the
Port of Taranto, a port that the Turkish company will manage
under a 49-year concession contract
signed last July
- The order covers seven ship-to-shore cranes and 16 portal cranes
currently inactive rail. Konecranes will start
activity during the course of this month starting the move of
100 metres along the quayside of the seven STS cranes with the aim of
make them operational and during the first half of this year
will renew several portal cranes, for
complete the refurbishment of all rail vehicles by the end of the year.
end of 2020.
- Presenting the agreement with Konecranes, Robert Yuksel Yildirim,
chairman and CEO of Yildirim, the parent company
Yilport Holding, pointed out that "the opportunities
offers from the port of Taranto require absolute attention."
"We look forward to reopening the port within
2020, followed by further reinvestment plans.'
- Piazza Matteotti 1/3 - 16123 Genoa - ITALY
phone: +39.010.2462122, fax: +39.010.2516768, e-mail