March 6, 2020
- Coronavirus emergency, Royal Caribbean grants customers
option to cancel the cruise up to 48 hours after
- Credit will be awarded for any cruise
carried out by the group's ships in 2020 or 2021
- In an effort to stem the potentially destructive impact
coronavirus on the cruise activity the group
U.S. Royal Caribbean Cruises announced the decision to
give their customers more control over their
planning your holiday by ensuring the possibility
cancel the cruise booked up to two days before the
departure date. This option is offered to
customers who have booked or will book cruises operated by
Group brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises,
Azamara and Silversea.
- Cancelling your booking up to 48 hours before departure
customers will be given credit for any
group ships in 2020 or 2021.
This option will be offered for cruises
departure date by July 31.
- "Our previous policy - recalled the
president and CEO of the American group, Richard
Fain -- stared for guests who wanted to cancel their
cruising earlier deadlines, which added to the stress
Must. Try to guess at least a month in advance
risk areas for coronavirus - fain noted - can
challenge for experienced doctors, especially for a
family preparing for a holiday.
- Piazza Matteotti 1/3 - 16123 Genoa - ITALY
phone: +39.010.2462122, fax: +39.010.2516768, e-mail