March 9, 2020
- The port of Ancona fears the impact of the Albanian decision to
suspend maritime and air links with part of Italy
- Giampieri: the first clear signs of a
season that looks not simple
- To deal with the coronavirus emergency in Albania, the Minister
Infrastructure and Energy, Belinda Balluku, established the
suspension of all maritime vehicle and vehicle transport services
passengers to and from northern Italy, while Albanian Civil
Aviation Authority (AAC) has ordered the suspension of all flights
between Tirana and ten airports in the Italian cities of Bologna,
Florence, Genoa, Milan, Perugia, Pisa, Rimini, Verona and Venice.
- These measures have alarmed the System Authority
Central Adriatic Sea Port, fearing the repercussions
Ancona port activity: "This is a
Situation - explained the president of the AdSP, Rodolfo Giampieri
- we are concerned both health and economic because
will have consequences for a highly positive moment that is
experiencing the port of Ancona, both for its expansive phase and
development and increased employment.'
- "It is evident," Giampieri noted, "that they are the
first clear signs of a season that is not simple.
We need to keep our nerves, aware that everyone's commitment,
individual people, it becomes essential to overcome
- Giampieri pointed out that of course in the port system
Central Adriatic focus on coronavirus is
and all the indications of the Ministry of Defence are being applied.
Health pending further national provisions relating to
protocol to be used for international traffic
passengers in Italian ports, currently under discussion, who
will presumably be issued by the government in the week.
"The Port System Authority - specified the
general secretary of the institution, Matteo Paroli - remains in constant
liaison with other administrations and police forces that
they operate in the ports of expertise to ensure that passengers in
the usual level of quality in services without
boarding and disembarking times are compromised.'
- Piazza Matteotti 1/3 - 16123 Genoa - ITALY
phone: +39.010.2462122, fax: +39.010.2516768, e-mail