ShipStore web site ShipStore advertising
testata inforMARE
ShipStore web site ShipStore advertising

03 July 2020 The on-line newspaper devoted to the world of transports 14:25 GMT+2



April 21, 2020

This page has been automatically translated by
Original news
The new Ania F2i Fund will gain control of Italian Railway Company

The company operates about 170 cargo trains a week

The F2i Sgr fund and the Ania, the National Association Insurers, will acquire the majority of the Italian Railway Company (CFI), a rail freight which was formed in 2007. The transaction is the first carried out by the new Ania F2i Fund, fourth fund managed by F2i Sgr, and expects to buy 92.5% of the company's capital. The remaining 7.5% will be held by Giacomo Di Patrizi, current founding partner of the CFI will remain as CEO.

"With this operation - explained the administrator delegate of F2i Sgr, Renato Ravanelli - the Ania F2i fund position in an area essential to the support of the system national production and at the same time crucial to contribute to the progressive decarbonisation of the activity freight transport in Italy. F2i's investment philosophy is to create an independent, efficient and capable of achieving economies of scale, including by aggregating further operators, and develop intermodal projects with other asset Fund, such as freight ports, an area in which F2i has recently invested (last year F2i acquired the Port of Carrara Spa, 31 May 2019, ed.). At CFI, we have identified a well-located pursued this strategy in continuity with what society has achieved to date."

F2i Sgr pointed out that italian Railway Company, with annual revenues of about 64 million euros, is the main independent operator in rail freight transport in Italy and third in absolute turnover, national market that is dominated by Mercitalia, the state's Railways division Italian who, after the liberalisation of 2008, saw its 100% to 52%. Behind Mercitalia is Captrain, a subsidiary of the French railways SNCF, followed by CFI.

CFI has about 230 employees and operates about 170 trains Week. Over the years, the company has specialized in providing services within the supply chain steel, automotive and agri-food, through the design and the construction of full-train transport (training, verification, conduct and escort of trains with their own staff and vehicles (traction).

PSA Genova Pra'



Search for hotel
Destination
Check-in date
Check-out date








Index Home Page News

- Piazza Matteotti 1/3 - 16123 Genoa - ITALY
phone: +39.010.2462122, fax: +39.010.2516768, e-mail