August 18, 2020
- Last month, containerized traffic handled at the
Pireo from PCT decreased by -6.2%
- In the first seven months of 2020, traffic in terminals
COSCO Shipping Ports fell by -3.2%, while the
CMPort terminals increased by 2.6%
- Last month, the port terminals of the COSCO Shipping Group
Ports, which is part of the Chinese shipping group COSCO Shipping,
handled container traffic of 9.2 million
an increase of 3.6% on July 2019. Among the terminals of the
group in the Mediterranean, in July 2020 Piraeus Container Terminal
(PCT), the fully controlled company that moves
most of the container traffic in the Greek port of Pire, has
429 thousand teu, down -6.2% on July 2019.
- In the first seven months of 2020, the Chinese company's terminals
56.5 million teu, with a total of 56.5 million teu
3.2% over the January-July period last year.
In the port of Pireo, the traffic handled by the PCT was
2.8 million teu (-6.2%).
- Last month, the port terminals of China Merchants Port
Holdings Co. (CMPort), another leading Chinese terminalist group
China Merchants Group (CMG), handled 10.9
million teu, an increase of 14.4% on July 2019. The
Terminal Link, a 49%-owned company
CMPort and 51% from the owner-French CMA CGM group, have
2.0 million teu, an increase of 77.5%
from the sale to Terminal Link of a number of holdings
CMA CGM in some port terminals.
- In the first seven months of 2020, CMPort's terminals
65.8 million teu (up 2.6%).