August 28, 2020
- Venice Port Community supports protest action
- Saints: "Do they want to close the port? I'm going to try it."
- "Do they want to close the port? I'm going to try." Is
The statement of defiance made by Alessandro Santi,
president of the Venice Port Community, an association
represents port operators and tourists from Venice, associating
to the protest action organized today by port workers
Venetian airport to denounce the risk of the exclusion of the
sea routes, including tourist routes that do not have
still reinserted Venice among the scheduled stopovers from the first
cruises made after the lockdown for the Covid-19.
- "Today," explained Santi, "we are here to support
and support the land and sea event of the workers
port, and we continue in all forms to stigmatize the port
deafening silence of successive governments, incapacitated by a
decade to take any decision.'
- The president of the Venice Port Community pointed out that
"Now every tolerance limit has been exceeded and who
is complicit in this now paradoxical situation sooner or later
will pay for it in the right places. Certainly the
Venetians, the real ones, those who know that the port is the
reason for being of their city and the key to efficiency
one of the most important and extensive production areas
Santi added that they are not giving up. And now the weapon
will be a welding between enterprise and work with
which the proponents of the museum city will have to reckon with."
- Piazza Matteotti 1/3 - 16123 Genoa - ITALY
phone: +39.010.2462122, fax: +39.010.2516768, e-mail