|JUNE 6, 2018|
- HMM selects three South Korean shipyards to build 20 new boxships
- Q1 cargo volume growth at Chinese ports falls 4pc to 3 billion tonnes
- Top US east coast ports handle 5.5m TEU in Q1, up 6.4pc YoY
- Stage set for a showdown between shippers and carriers over surcharges
- Tianjin Port becomes largest facility to use Navis N4 TOS
- Port of Zeebrugge to acquire 5pc stake in Cosco terminal for US$2.9m
- China to lower tariffs on more wide-ranging consumer goods: Bloomberg
- China Customs demands shippers submit cargo data 24 hours prior to loading
- Cathay Pacific uses alternative jet fuel to fly new aircraft home to HK
- Swissport to explore blockchain usage for aviation and logistics ecosystem
- Football World Cup trophy lands at Moscow airport
|JUNE 5, 2018|
- Allcargo Logistics appoints Ashish Mathur as Group Chief Information Officer
- CMA CGM collaborates with a startup to embed artificial intelligence on board ships
- Freight association again calls for an end to shipping line surcharges
- Revised instruction for stuffing and sealing of reefer containers
- TT Club announces positive financial results for 2017
- ZIM announces changes in senior management
- India's agri exports register growth of 11.4 pc in April
- APM Terminals recognised for port infrastructure development
- Rotterdam port CEO calls for more European investment in port infrastructure & hinterland connections
- Fuel hike results in increase in truck rentals
- CMA CGM's Ze Box & PSA unboXed sign MoU to drive digitalisation & innovation in the shipping & supply chain ecosystem
- Govt okays 15 projects under TIES
|JUNE 6, 2018|
- Hupac buys ERS Railways
- Subsidies for eco-friendly HGVs
- Russian freight cars for Kazakhstan
- Liberian Registry brings detentions of vessels down
- Japanese national presiding in Sweden
- Good year for TT Club despite hurricanes
- American Airlines launches Cuba cargo services
- Top floor reshuffle at Zim
- Hactl welcomes new Belgian carrier
- Basque logistic provider launches rail division
- Good Q1 for NAEC ports, says Seaintel
- Bremen - potential for logistics
- Al Baker chairing Iata's board of Governors
- Iata addressing two big issues in Sydney
- Leviathans continue to grow
- More hoisting power for Munich's mega hub
- Kenya Airways and Spairliners prolong contract
- The new choice: France, a partner for your trade...
|JUNE 5, 2018|
- CMA CGM gets into Ze Box with PSA
- Panamax demand drives box ship rates higher
- Posidonia 2018: Dry bulk industry shrugs off protectionist threat
- "K" Line defends CEO and chairman as fund adviser urges their removal
- Nanjing Tanker looks to relist on Shanghai Exchange
- Posidonia 2018: Owners remain nervous about scrubber investment
- Mermaid Maritime sells elderly rig pair for scrap
- Yangzijiang secures new contracts worth USD578 million in May
- South Korean feeder operators tap new state fund for newbuildings
- KOSHIPA urges allowance ahead of 52-hour work week
- Asia's maritime boom brings bonuses - and risk
|JUNE 5, 2018|
- Drewry wades in as a wave of anger builds over carrier bunker surcharges
- Delta Cargo appoints Lindsey Jalil to head its commercial team
- CMA CGM and PSA in hi-tech tie-up to support start-ups targeting digital solutions
- Tight margins and insourcing the greatest threats forwarders face in a new era
- Seafood the dish of the day as Canadian perishables exports drive airfreight growth
- Box ship bound for Sydney loses 86 containers overboard in storm
- Judge prevents New Jersey backing out of Waterfront Commission
|JUNE 5, 2018|
- Nine Tengiz field heavy lift ships to use ABB's OCTOPUS software
- New Helm software solution eases crew management headaches
- Blount sub-licenses MAPC to build South Boats crew transfer designs
- Wilhelmsen partners with Airbus on shore-to-ship drone delivery
- Chip Jaenichen joins Liberty Global Logistics as EVP - U.S.-flag
- VIDEO: Australia launches investigation into Yang Min container spill
- Cutting maritime GHG emissions in focus at Jamaica workshop
|JUNE 5, 2018|
- Nomura sees continuing China LNG imports on domestic demand
China's LNG import capacity will more than double by 2021 with more gas distributors, power generators and independent refineries becoming...
- More carriers move to avoid Iran sanctions
CMA CGM and Hapag-Lloyd seek to avoid being caught up in new sanctions campaign by US
- LAROS creates maritime ecosystem
Vessels and their systems bridge the onshore divide through an open architecture platform
- Marichem Marigases looks beyond regulatory horizon
Innovative fuel oil treatment products will help shipowners and operators meet their compliance responsibilities under new IMO regulations
- Italian owners are not 'zombies', claims Confitarma finance specialist
Industry only looks dead, with ferry operators and chemtanker outfits still making money
- Terminal operators feeling the heat of a tough business climate
Terminal operators have seen ROIC fall in recent years to levels comparative to the fallout of the global financial crisis...
- Songa Bulk shareholders approve Star Bulk deal
Songa shareholders representing 69.95% of voting rights approve Star Bulk's proposal to buy entire fleet of 15 vessels for cash...
- Brazil supply chains will take weeks to normalise
No respite in sight for shippers as customs action continues following trucking truce
- Troubled KG house Lloyds Fonds to launch share issue
Move is designed to strengthen capital base, says company
- No good deed goes unpunished for Aegean Marine activists
Beware of the smartest people in the room for they do not know more than you do
- CMA CGM and PSA sign MOU on digitalisation efforts
The agreement was signed by Ze Box and unboXed, CMA CGM and PSA International's respective venture capital arms
- France opens probe into former MSC executive
French authorities looking into family connections between President Macron's chief of staff and Geneva-based shipping company
- Yangzijiang secures orders worth $578m
Costamare Shipping is reported to be the owner of the 12,000 teu ships backed by five-year time charter from Yang...
- The Lloyd's List Podcast: Live from Posidonia
In the second of a special series of Lloyd's List podcasts live from Athens, the team reflect on the digital...
- New LNG bunkering start-up eyes future of marine energy
Probunkers, a new company formed to invest in liquefied natural gas bunkering worldwide, has longer term plans to trade the...
- Rising cost of money is good news for shipping
Scarcity of money could avoid supply-driven shipping cycles
- Veniamis blasts lawmakers for misguided focus on shipowners
Shipowners are being held disproportionately responsible for meeting environmental standards, while oil companies and engine manufacturers are not under the...
- Aegean in $200m write-off over improper accounts
Aegean's shares plunged by nearly 70% during Monday's after-hours trading on release of the report and its ability to honour 2018...
- LNG shipping eyes short-term rates boost
Availability of gas supply and potential fleet growth could cloud the longer term outlook
- Livanos hits out at 'irresponsible' newcomers putting price before safety
GasLog founder says operating your own vessels is the only way to guarantee the integrity of the asset
- LNG tender process in the crosshairs
Long-term charters reach 'new normal' of five to seven years
|JUNE 5, 2018|
- Higher Old Dominion volumes confirm continued US economic growth
- Other ports monitoring Vancouver's flat fee dray pilot program
- Vietnam rejects waste exports to ease port congestion
- CMA CGM and PSA deepen Singapore ties in hunt for startups
- Largely ignored by the C-Suite, logistics software finds new path
|JUNE 5, 2018|
- Maran Gas declares options for FSRU and LNG carrier
John Angelicoussis strikes at Posidonia for more high-value gas ships, and Alpha Gas may follow.
- Scorpio inks sale-leaseback on six more MRs
Leading product tanker owner continues to tap sale-leaseback market in attempt to shore up finances.
- Aegean's $200m write-off a 'crippling blow'
Possible demise of US-listed bunker supplier may expand market share for World Fuel Services, Seaport Global analyst says.
- Wilhelmsen, Airbus link on drone delivery
Two-week test aims to cut the cost and improve efficiency of delivering spares and stores.
- Mediterranean Tugs formed after Greek merger
Spanopoulos and Aegean Tugs combine into new entity
- Bureau Veritas okays new GTT LNG systems
Widening LNG trade and use of LNG as bunker fuel driving need for new containment systems.
- Color Group buys Kristiansand Line
Norwegian owner snaps up sister operation for $71m.
- WISTA re-launches Uruguay location
Organisation's first South American venue reattains minimum of 10 managing members.
- Pacific Radiance investor buying $85m of shares
Singapore OSV owner finds new partner as part of stock issue.
- Long-term investors returning to tankers
Paddy Rodgers and Nikolas Tsakos discuss the importance of an easily understood futures market for the sector.
- Liberty Global hires ex-Marad chief Jaenichen
Former chief of the main agency in charge of US commercial shipping plans to expand Liberty's trade lanes.
- Greek master lost from bulker
Blue Planet Shipping captain fell from ladder in Chittagong, Bangladesh.
- Asiatic Lloyd makes first boxship purchase of the year
Containership owner emerges as buyer of Corinthiakos from Dioryx Maritime.
- Vroon AHTS attacked by pirates off Yemen
Crew of UN food-aid vessel safe after incident at anchorage.
- Keppel to build $40m FueLNG bunker tanker
Singapore yard wins deal from its own joint venture with Shell.
- Radziwill: Let's get greedy on dry bulk
GoodBulk chief executive explains his optimism for the sector.
- Saverys stirs 'shower in a funnel' scrubber debate
Solution will do nothing for shipping's image problem, shipowner says.
- Jobs to go as Ince & Co restructures
Leading London law firm preparing to cut staff as it reviews business.
- Parked car declared hazard to shipping
UK coastguard issues warning after vehicle became submerged on Devon beach.
- Suisse-Atlantique sells handysize duo to Greek buyer
Swiss bulker owner carries out first bulker sale in more than a year.
- ISS urges investors to dump K Line bosses
Owner calls on shareholders to ignore investment advisory service's bid to oust CEO Eizo Murakami and chairman Jiro Asakura this month.
- Vinalines aims for $612m IPO
Vietnamese state shipowner readies delayed listing for August.
- NACC buys into Jebsen cement carrier company
Algoma and Nova Marine venture boosts capacity with 25% stake in seven-ship fleet.
- Siem buys $12m of Siem Offshore bonds
Investor's holding company snaps up convertible series due in 2019.
- Yangzijiang announces orders for bulkers and boxships worth $578m
Chinese yard confirms deal for 12,000-teu vessels said to be ordered by Costamare, plus kamsarmaxes and newcastlemaxes.
- Macron chief of staff probed over MSC links
Alexis Kohler under investigation after news reports make "unfounded" allegations he worked on files of interest to boxship owner while in government, before joining company as CFO in 2016.
- Qinfa confirms Kassian Maritime kamsarmax purchase
Chinese shipowner says it expects to hand over vessel to Greeks by the end of June.
- Thai VLCC looks next for demolition beaches
Prima Marine expected to divest vessel by the middle of this year, according to brokers.
- Livanos Group sells oldest bulker
Greece's Livanos Group is selling its oldest bulkers. Brokers in the US and Europe said the shipowner has sold the 74,000-dwt Atlantic Hawk (built 2002) to a Chinese buyer for $9.5m. The price is in line with market expectations when the vessel was put up for sale in January. Alios Bulkers, the Livanos Group arm that controls the company's bulker fleet, did not reply to requests for comment. A
- Posidonia continues to wow the crowds in half-century year
Crowd numbers 22,000 as Greek shipping event celebrates its 50th anniversary.
- Port Kembla to house second Aussie FSRU
Australian Industrial Energy selects New South Wales port for floating regasification unit.
- Adelaide shipping channel set to be widened
Move will enable larger container- and cruise ships to use South Australia's largest port.
|JUNE 5, 2018|
- Ze Box, unboXed sign digitalization, innovation pact
CMA CGM's Ze Box and PSA unboXed have signed a memorandum of understanding to drive digitalization and innovation in the shipping and suppl...
- FMCSA looking at ELD exemption for small carriers
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) is seeking comments on the Small Business in Transportation Coalition's (SBTC) requ...
- MarineTraffic, NAPA join forces on fleet optimization
Global ship-tracking company MarineTraffic and maritime software, services and data analysis provider NAPA have agreed to collaborate on th...
- Confirmation hearing set for ITC, Commerce nominees
The Senate Finance Committee will hold a confirmation hearing Tuesday to consider the nominations of Amy Karpel and Randolph Stayin to be m...
- ITC opens test strip, brewing cases
The International Trade Commission is starting Section 337 investigations into certain blood cholesterol testing strips and associated syst...
- Tradeshift snares another $250 million in funding
Tradeshift, a provider of supply chain payment and finance platforms, has secured another $250 million in financing, the company announced ...
- Lineage Logistics expands cold storage footprint
Lineage Logistics has expanded its cold storage footprint through the acquisition of Wisconsin-based Service Cold Storage (SCS). Situated ...
- BIMCO: Tariffs will impact more than metal
The chief shipping analyst at BIMCO says U.S. tariffs on steel and aluminum will impact not only ships carrying those products but the gene...
- PIL doubles frequency of Asia-ECSA loop
Singapore-based Pacific International Lines is injecting additional capacity into the trade between Asia and the East Coast of South Americ...
|JUNE 5, 2018|
- Iraq OPEC pledge questioned as government talks take shape
Iraq oil policies and OPEC strategy are likely to come under closer scrutiny during the political jostling to form a new federal government in Baghdad.
- NYMEX crude in positive territory, weakening crack spreads
NYMEX crude was higher Tuesday, putting pressure on crack spreads and the ICE Brent/WTI spread, ahead of weekly US inventory data expected to show a draw in crude stocks.
- Ocean Intelligence downgrades bunker supplier Aegean's credit score
"The announcement of this bad debt is deeply troubling for those with exposures to Aegean."
- External: Marine Bunkering(Rotterdam)B.V.
- Bunker supplier Aegean reports $200 million of bad debts
"With $200 million missing and the share price tanking, more people will look for an alternative."
- Plains sees Gulf Coast refiners handling 500,000 b/d more light crude soon
Lighter crudes have taken up a larger share of output from the Delaware portion of the Permian in recent years.
- SUBSCRIBER NOTE: Platts to launch LNG Ballast Rate assessments and freight updates
These new assessments and freight calculations will take effect from July 2, 2018.
- S Korea's HMM forges ahead with plans for eco-friendly mega box ships
The twenty vessels will be delivered in 2020 and 2021.