|JUNE 7, 2018|
- PIL Lines boosts Asia-ECSA service from a fortnightly to weekly service
- Sealand expanding its service between USWC and Latin America
- Port of Rotterdam Authority urges more EU investment in infrastructure
- OOCL strikes gold for its efforts in promoting a cleaner environment
- Long Beach polled 'Best Green Seaport' in the world
- UK role in EU transport 'will continue post Brexit'
- Colombo's Q1 volumes rise 16.2pc, among the world's fastest growing
- 4 multi-purpose vessels to move containers from Dhaka to Chittagong
- Finnair links up with Cathay Dragon and extends its network in Asia
- Hactl provides new Belgian carrier with cargo handling services in HK
- Tianjin Cargo Airlines making headway towards launch
|JUNE 6, 2018|
- Classification seen as more relevant than ever
- Damco launches digital freight forwarding platform Twill in India
- HMM selects shipbuilders for eco-friendly mega containerships
- Report aims at projecting the future for container transport
- Scrapping of oil tankers seen increasing this year
- US emerges India's top export destination
- Chinese firm invests 85 million euros in Zeebrugge Inner Port
- Construction of Subarnarekha port gets nod
- Deendayal Port's proposed new fully mechanised facility to make fertiliser cargo handling more efficient
- DP World Mundra records enhanced productivity with new equipment
- INDIAN PORTS ASSOCIATION
- Major Ports begin the fiscal on a positive note in cargo handling
- Baba Kalyani heads group to study SEZ Policy
- RBI increases key lending rate; retains GDP growth for 2018-19 at 7.4 pc
|JUNE 7, 2018|
- Meyer deploys cleaner, quieter 7 l engine
- Garbe building for Hermes
- Industry veteran has 75 candles to blow out
- Confitarma sets out its requirements
- 4.2 million vehicles use Channel Tunnel
- Widerøe goes live on new airfreight management software
- MD commercial at Delta Cargo from within
- CMA CGM and PSA combine investments
- Debate on autonomous vessels continues
- Train speed and safety rising in Poland
- New logistics centre at Hong Kong airport
- Antonov flies in critical automotive components
- Ex-BP stalwart moves to LOC
- 15 days by rail from Shijiazhuang to Minsk
- M&M stakes out bigger claim in Sri Lanka
- Cold storage facility for pharmaceuticals in Jeddah
- The new choice: France, a partner for your trade...
|JUNE 6, 2018|
- Fairplay's tonnage titans
- Stena Line and Hitachi Europe in AI partnership
- Posidonia 2018: US Coast Guard issues warning over BWM extensions
- Posidonia 2018: Inmarsat to collaborate with Hellenic Space Agency
- Underwriters told they need to combine modelling expertise
- Marine insurers raise fears over threats to core global centres
- Posidonia 2018: Low-sulphur fuels to bring fresh complexities
- Marubeni books LR2 tanker pair at Onomichi
- Posidonia 2018: Cracks appear in shipping industry's opposition to scrubbers
- Scorpio Tankers in sale-and-leaseback deal for six MRs with China's CMB Financial Leasing
- Posidonia 2018: Shipping heavyweights warn of LNG carriage risks
- Wilhelmsen, Airbus test shore-to-ship drone delivery in Singapore
- Keppel O&M builds LNG bunkering vessel for Singapore market
- HMM and others to receive USD25 million for fleet renewal
- Pan Ocean orders first container ship newbuildings in eight years
|JUNE 6, 2018|
- Panamax daily hire rates hit $16,000 as open tonnage availability dries up
- Whitehall is 'hanging the UK logistics industry out to dry' on the road to Brexit
- Freight industry welcomes green light for Heathrow expansion, but the wait goes on
- China still powers ahead as Asia-Pacific captures more contract logistics
- Analysis: a long wait, but the next big deal for DSV is in the making
- UPS workers eye strike action as July contract deadline looms
- Online shopping boom keeps air freight profit hopes high
|JUNE 6, 2018|
- MARAD starts search for next Kings Point Superintendent
- 210,000 dwt LNG dual fueled bulker design gets LR Approval in Principle
- SeaRobotics delivers autonomous unmanned hydrographic vessels
- KVH Industries announces new cybersecurity initiatives
- USCG issues its seventh BWMS type approval
- "Poor safety culture" cited in Baja Ferries' RO/RO fire
- SunStone inks shipbuilding contract for third expedition cruise ship
- Keppel O&M to build South East Asia's first LNG bunkering vessel
|JUNE 6, 2018|
- Blockchain trumps Brexit for UK maritime service providers
UK maritime service providers dismiss Brexit concerns and raise blockchain profile
- Last word: A tale of sorrow and hope
The Sailors' Society charity is marking its 200th anniversary with events through the year
- K Line resists calls against senior managers
Both the top managers are up for re-election on June 21
- EU commissioner courts Greek owners to push climate change agenda
Greek shipowners receive charm offensive from EU commissioner for transport Violeta Bulc as she pushes climate change agenda
- Stellar merger target Phunware launches cryptocurrency
Investors in maritime-focused Stellar Acquisition III could own up to about 24% of technology start-up Phunware
- Container shipping: The shape of things to come
A new report from TT Club and McKinsey warms up the crystal ball to peer into shipping in 2043
- Wilhelmsen to collaborate with Airbus on drone delivery
A pilot project will be started in Singapore in the third quarter to deliver things, such as spare parts and...
- Maran orders second FSRU and another LNG carrier at DSME
Optimistic Angelicoussis confirms more investment in LNG assets at favourite South Korean yard
- Time for Posidonia to speak truth to power
Europe Greece Posidonia
- Panama Canal can accommodate fast-rising US LNG exports
There is zero waiting time on the new locks, says the administrator for the Panama Canal Authority
- Global box trade has solid start to quarter
CTS data shows global box traffic of approximately 13.8m teu for April, a rise of nearly 6% on 2017
- Oman Drydock sets sights on shipbuilding
New chief executive places bet on developing panamax and post-panamax shipbuilding capability with $60m investment
- Box shipping freight rates fall by half over 20 years
Inflation-adjusted rates have come down by 50% as fuel costs rise to account for 15% of costs
- The Lloyd's List Podcast: Live from Posidonia, Day 3
On today's podcast we are joined by another special guest - Stephen Gordon, managing director of Clarksons Research Services
- YM Efficiency allowed to berth at Sydney
Local clean-up teams are closely monitoring areas that are easily accessible to the general public to remove debris or containers
- Trump seems set to wreck the dry bulk recovery, but when you're a star, they let you do it
Maritime association BIMCO openly voices fear of trade war
- Keppel secures $40m LNG bunkering vessel order
The vessel is scheduled for completion in the third quarter of 2020
- Scorpio sells another six MR tankers to CMB Leasing
Before CMB Leasing, New York-listed owner has already signed sale-and-leaseback deals with two other Chinese leasing houses for 11 product...
|JUNE 6, 2018|
- ILA-USMX reach tentative six-year US East Coast, Gulf Coast agreement
- US 3PLs expect e-commerce, compliance, trucking to drive strong 2018
- NVOCCs signing contracts to lock up chassis capacity
- Damco makes digitalization push in India via Twill
- Forwarders offer new LCL service to meet rising demand
|JUNE 6, 2018|
- Analysts see Opec talks as tanker catalyst
Potential for more crude on the market would be welcome, but benefits differ among asset classes.
- Probunkers eyes $343m LNG bunker fleet
Start-up physical supplier sees wide-ranging market for LNG once the 2020 sulphur limits hit shipping.
- Martinos goes digital with new platform, pool
Greek owner launches aframax pool with 'virtual' platform initiative
- Aegean jumps after fall on $200m scare
Shares for US-listed bunker supplier gain 62% after plummeting 73% on news of possible multimillion-dollar write-off.
- Posidonia aframax order for Tsakos Energy
Despite propensity to caution against new ordering, major Greek group inks 115,000-dwt pair at Daehan.
- Genco closes $460m credit facility
Facility, which was 40% oversubscribed, will let the US-listed drybulker owner issue dividends, pursue growth opportunities.
- Baja, Rina blasted over Caribbean Fantasy fire
Operator had poor safety culture, while class society failed to meet responsibility.
- Diana Shipping gets pay raise on capesize
US-listed bulker owner gets slightly above market rate on second year-long hire to Koch Shipping in two weeks.
- PDVSA threatens force majeure as tanker queue builds
Venezuelan major wants cooperation on congestion through ship-to-ship transfer plan.
- Debt deal cements tie-up between MSC and Messina
Restructuring of more than $500m debt bonds Italian conro operator to Swiss liner giant
- Sector's volatility and resilience on display at shipowners' forum
Those hoping for some illumination on the famous cyclicality of the global shipping markets and the never-say-die attitude of the industry's key players were treated to a live example at the TradeWinds Shipowners Forum at Posidonia. Dry bulk's recovery story has put the market back in focus and John Michael Radziwill's GoodBulk is seeking to tap into the rising tide of rates and sentiment to lis
- Wrist and Klevenberg to merge
Ship suppliers backing consolidation in competitive sector.
- SunStone signs contract for third China cruiseship
Infinity-class series grows with another expedition newbuild at China Merchants.
- Jurong Shipyard fined after fatal accident
Singapore yard to pay $172,000 after worker crushed.
- Bulker master confirmed dead after fall
Blue Planet boss Marianthe Patrona pays tribute to senior captain.
- Kidwell: shipbrokers are safe from platforms for now
Human skills make shipbrokers secure against digital trading platforms in the near-term believes Braemar boss James Kidwell
- More management changes at Zim
Israeli container line promotes sales chief Saar Dotan to VP of shipping.
- UK minister 'no show' hits Brexit calming bid
Nusrat Ghani dashes back to London early as London shipping figures insist UK's departure from the EU will have little impact.
- KNOP profit soars to record level
Shuttle tanker partnership benefits from drop down of Anna Knutsen from KNOT.
- Xeneta and DNB team on 'earnings crystal ball'
Norwegian platform and investment bank cooperate on boxship rate data.
- Damaged Yang Ming boxship docks in Sydney
Inspections begin after YM Efficiency lost 83 containers in storm.
- Lehmann back at Bodewes for cargoship
German owner inks newbuilding at favourite Dutch shipyard.
- Yasa Shipping linked to MR order at Mipo
Turkish group said to have inked a quartet of tankers in Korea.
- Lloyd Fonds boosts capital with share issue
German finance house selling 10% of its equity in new fundraiser.
- VIDEO: halves of Kea Trader forced further apart
Storms cause list of 18 degrees as Shanghai Salvage moves in new heavy-lift ships for wreck removal.
- Pan Ocean orders containership duo
Part of the company's fleet expansion efforts, newbuildings will replaced chartered tonnage
- MPA hopes PIER71 will drive digital innovation
Initiative aims to encourage greater collaboration between industry and technology start-ups.
- Phoenix Petroleum teams with CNOOC for LNG terminal
Philippine fuel retailer says project would broaden its product portfolio, which already includes LPG.
|JUNE 6, 2018|
- NEWS FLASH: ILA, employers reach tentative contract agreement
The International Longshoremen's Association and the employer group United States Maritime Alliance (USMX) have reached agreement on a tent...
- Kuehne + Nagel enhancing last-mile visibility
Kuehne + Nagel announced Wednesday that it had entered into a strategic partnership with Zebraxx to provide innovative last-mile shipment ...
- CMA CGM taps Shone for onboard AI
The CMA CGM Group has been working with maritime technology startup Shone since the beginning of 2018 to develop artificial intelligence sy...
- CEVA teams with IMSW to expand U.S. FTZ offering
CEVA Global Logistics LLC and IMS Worldwide Inc., a specialist in foreign trade zone management and operation, are teaming up to provide in...
- Oakland signing new lease with biggest tenant
The Port of Oakland's Board of Commissioners is scheduled to approve new leases for the two terminals operated by its biggest tenant, SSA T...
- Australia investigating YM Efficiency incident
The Australian Transport Safety Bureau has opened an investigation into an incident in which more than 80 containers fell overboard off a Y...
- Alibaba leads group building Hong Kong logistics hub
Alibaba Group's logistics arm, Cainiao Network, reportedly is leading a group that will invest $1.5 billion to build a logistics center at ...
- Port Canaveral cruises ahead with upgrades
Port Canaveral on Florida's east coast is carrying out multiple projects that will boost cargo and cruise operations. Projects currently i...
- Heavy-duty truck orders at levels 'never seen before'
Net orders for North American Class 8 trucks totaled 35,200 units in May, the third-highest level ever for the month, according to prelimin...
|JUNE 6, 2018|
- Oil settles lower as US stocks rise across the board
Oil futures fell Wednesday after US Energy Information Administration weekly data showed builds in crude, gasoline and distillate stocks.
- Iraq tanker fleet ships first cargo in almost three decades
Iraq state-owned tanker fleet has shipped its first crude oil cargo in almost three decades
- North Korea seen willing to keep energy trading chances alive
The US-North Korea summit seems very much likely to take place next week after Pyongyang responded to the initial US decision to cancel the meeting in a seemingly conciliatory manner, a strong signal that the hermit republic is willing to keep its chances of gaining freedom to trade in the international energy and commodities markets alive.
- EU progresses plans to protect firms from US sanctions on Iran
New rules designed to protect EU firms dealing with Iran from US sanctions related to Iran's nuclear activities have passed a key step, the European Commission said Wednesday.
- Oil futures lower after EIA data shows US stocks rising
US Energy Information Administration data released Wednesday showed builds last week in crude, gasoline and distillate stocks, putting further downward pressure on oil futures.
- Panama's April marine diesel sales rise 16.91% on year
Marine diesel fuel sales in Panama totaled 37,780 mt in April, up 16.91% from 32,316 mt in the year-ago month, data from the Panama Maritime Authority showed Wednesday.
- EIA says March residual fuel oil exports to Panama tripled on year
US residual fuel oil exports to Panama totaled 1,243,000 barrels in March, up from 405,000 barrels a year earlier, Energy Information Administration data showed Wednesday.
- FUJAIRAH DATA: Oil product stocks rise 8.2% as light distillates rebound
- US' Schall Law Firm starts claims investigation against Aegean Marine
Schall's investigation comes after Aegean said it might need to write off about $200 million as bad debts.
- UAE's Viking Marine Services bullish on bunker fuel testing, surveying sector
"Surprisingly, our Singapore volume is growing. Ours is 90% a tanker market," Viking MD said.
- FUTURES 2: Crude futures strengthen on falling inventory levels
According to the American Petroleum Institute, US crude stocks were down 2.03 million barrels for the week ended June 1.
- FueLNG orders first LNG bunkering vessel for Southeast Asia
This vessel will "enable FueLNG to be the first in Singapore to provide ship-to-ship LNG bunkering services within the Singapore port," Ong said.
- US crude exports could be a victim of brewing trade war with China
China, the world's largest net importer has matched well with US crude exports due to current pricing.
- FUTURES: Crude futures remain stable ahead of OPEC meet
"Investors are bracing themselves for another large drawdown [in US crude stocks]," ANZ Research analysts said.
- TANKERS: Scorpio to boost liquidity by $52 mil with six MR tanker sales/leasebacks
Scorpio has the obligation to purchase each vessel at the expiration of each agreement with the Chinese company.