|JUNE 17, 2018|
- China deploys one of world's largest boxships; highlights a new era in country's shipbuilding prowess
- CMA CGM Group launches skills-based sponsorship programme as part of CSR
- CMA CGM highlights age limit of used vehicles allowed into Ivory Coast
- Interconnection between ships, ports & people stressed
- Legal Jurisdiction & Arbitration Mechanism for Carriage of Goods by Sea
- New maritime fund manager launched
- TCI Seaways set to launch new vessel on coastal trade from Mundra
- Cotton exports projected to surge
- Kolkata Port aims for a million TEUs in throughput this fiscal
- Indian freight volume expected to see impressive growth, says report
|JUNE 18, 2018|
- Kerry goes shopping at the Cape
- Fleet enhanced with new tractors
- Brussels airport adds blockchain app to data sharing...
- Liebherr fashions new tools
- CN to expand Manitoba's rail infrastructure
- Gefco and Talaset up joint venture
- Transcare: 25 years of disseminating advice worldwide
- Reusable receptacles for automated food logistics centre
- Male penetrates Wista territory
- Ports de Paris tackle flood aftermath
- USA delivers diesel by rail to Mexico
- Saudia returns to Vienna
- Bertschi opens plastics hub at the Port of Antwerp
- Indonesia back into the light
- Takeover of Dutch inland port effective
- Noatum Ports Valencia overhauling cranes
- Freight railways tinker around with smart freight train
- The new choice: France, a partner for your trade...
|JUNE 15, 2018|
- Risk-based approach to cyber threats gaining ground
- Drone use on the rise for enclosed space inspections
- Shipping loan write-backs boost HSH Nordbank
- Ship boarding operations underway in Singapore strait amid terrorism threat
- Private equity cashes out of Pan Ocean
- CMPort buys into Australia despite souring trade relations
- NYK Line, "K" Line win long-term shipping contracts from Kobe Steel
|JUNE 15, 2018|
- New terror alert sparks tighter US air freight security, but ruffles few feathers
- Carrier hopes for price hikes tumble with spot rate declines on major routes
- Angry shippers accuse carriers of 'price-signalling' with 'unjustified' surcharges
- Brussels Airport cargo community the early bird with blockchain launch
- Congestion and delays at port of Felixstowe expected to continue
- 1,200 jobs lost as Maersk shuts down its reefer factory in Chile
- Trump announces 25% tariff on Chinese hi-tech imports
- Kalliopi Karaiskaki appointed head of HFW ship finance practice in Piraeus
- Etihad posts $1.5bn loss, blaming partners and rising fuel costs
|JUNE 15, 2018|
- Polish shipyard lays keel for Swedish Navy SIGINT ship
- Dorian LPG Board rejects BW LPG stock-for-stock offer
- Aker Arctic tests autonomous ship model
- Bolidt books more business in polar expedition ship sector
- Type approvals for aluminum cables, connectors mean cost savings
- LR and Tufton Oceanic in pilot project on maintenance optimization
- IMO discussions on autonomous ships: the takeaways
|JUNE 15, 2018|
- IMO reform push recruits Liberia, the Bahamas and Canada
Australia's push for reform of the IMO has been boosted by the support of Liberia and the Bahamas, which are...
- Capital Product Partners signs period charters for four tankers with Petrobras
US-listed tanker-diversified shipping company wins period contract from Petrobras for four tankers, with further employment options
- The Interview: Arjun Batra
Aside from being Drewry's managing director, the well-respected veteran has also been an entrepreneur in shipping for decades. His advice...
- Asia Pacific port infrastructure innovation to be recognised at Lloyd's List Awards
Lloyd's List has introduced the Port Infrastructure Development of the Year award to reflect the abundance of such projects underway...
- ICS's Hinchliffe targets European migration strategy
NGO vessel at the centre of migrant furore is sailing north of Sardinia having encountered heavy weather overnight and is...
- US announces 25% tariff on set of Chinese goods
The US will impose a 25% tariff on $50bn worth of Chinese imports, representing 1,102 product lines
- The Lloyds List Podcast: Migrant Crisis
Listen to the latest edition of Lloyd's List's new weekly podcast - your weekly briefing on the stories shaping shipping...
- Latin American trade facing World Cup 'hangover'
Brazilian and Mexican imports grew by a respective 19% and 8% in the first quarter of 2018
- Dorian rejects BW LPG's merger proposal, citing undervaluation
Update: BW LPG says it receives positive feedback from "a significant percentage of Dorian's shareholder base"
- Swedish Club's underwriting calls praised, despite 'tight' combined ratio
Despite a combined ratio of 104% last year, the 10-year rolling average is 98%
- Capesizes need Brazilian iron ore to raise its game
Brazilian miners have failed to increase market share because of supply-chain issues, however cape owners need that to change because...
- Daily Briefing
Political forces curb tanker trades with Iran again | The Lloyd's List Interview: Arjun Batra | 'Political monster' casualties more...
- Maersk brings down shutters on Chilean equipment factory
More than 1,200 jobs to go after box builder struggles with reefer overcapacity
- Schulte to launch $120m ship fund
The fund takes a conservative leverage approach and intends to distribute dividends regularly
- Genco in $141m buying spree for four bulkers
Update: US-listed dry bulk owner raises $100m in a stock offering, which was timed ahead of the pending IPO by...
|JUNE 15, 2018|
- 'Unprecedented' demand strains US surface transport
- Newly publicly owned, U.S. Xpress guns for profit level of peers
- ILA deal opens door for greater terminal-supply chain connectivity
- Australia reviews China Merchants' Newcastle stake amid trade friction
- US drayage demand spiking across country
- ONE's Nixon: North American customer service on upswing
|JUNE 15, 2018|
- Tsakos Energy confirms order for two aframaxes
'More favourable fundamentals' expected in second quarter and beyond as New York-listed tanker owner posts first-quarter loss
- Japanese fund Anchor readies next investment
Fund grows on back of domestic operators' demand for alternative finance schemes
- Genco prices common stock offering
Offering is expected to make $100.7m for US-listed drybulker owner to pursue fleet expansion.
- Dorian LPG rejects BW LPG offer
Dorian chief executive John Hadjipateras said his board is still willing to discuss buying or consolidating some or all of BW's ECO-ships into its commercial platform.
- CPP seals Petrobras tanker charters
Marinakis company fixes four ships in Brazil.
- New Shipping said to have scrapped VLCC
Greek owner linked to demolition of New Andros.
- Private investor sparked Seaways deal
Seaways got creative in solving liquidity shortfall from bond deal to rescue its six-VLCC purchase from Euronav at 11th hour.
- Bergshav linked to K Line tanker buy
Norwegian tanker owner said to have paid $19.5m for aframax.
- Pac Basin crewman dies, two more hospitalised
Seafarers being treated in Mauritius; cause not yet known.
- Tufton Oceanic teams with LR on digital
UK owner wants class society to optimise maintenance.
- Maritime UK makes gender equality pledge
Taskforce to look at fairness and inclusion in shipping sector.
- PDVSA could import overseas crude for refining
Move would mark first production of domestic fuel from foreign oil.
- HSH targets shipping loan buys with $4.05bn war chest
Comeback is on for newly privatised lender as it targets rivals' portfolios and new investments.
- GoodBulk mulls 'wait or go' options
Radziwill's New York IPO hopeful could move as soon as Monday, but signals seem to point toward July or September as likelier options.
- Subsea 7 clinches another Shell contract
Deal worth up to $150m in Gulf of Mexico.
- Seaways pulls off $434m six-VLCC Euronav deal
US owner completes original tanker transaction despite doubts in the market.
- MSC Cruises adds $1bn STX cruiseship
Aponte company returns to French yard to expand fleet.
- Tanker trio head to the breakers
Three more tankers have been sold for demolitions amid even as prices on offer for scrapping in Pakistan reportedly slipped this week. The latest deals include two VLCCs. Brokers reported that Sentek Marine & Trading has sold its 301,000-dwt tanker Concord M (built 1996) has been sold for demolition at a price of $448 per ldt, or $18.6m. The ship is reportedly heading to Bangladesh. Sentek bou
- Waruna adds another two tankers to fleet
Indonesian tanker owner purchases product carriers from Offen and Varco.
- Details emerge on sale of NAT quintet
Five suezmaxes built in late 1990s are expected to be headed for scrap.
|JUNE 15, 2018|
- Pilot executive promoted to new COO role
Lima, Pa.-based Pilot Freight Services, a worldwide provider of transportation and logistics services, announced the promotion of Zach Poll...
- Trucking company, owner convicted in connection with explosion
A Montana trucking company and its owner have been convicted of the illegal transportation of hazardous materials, mail and wire fraud and ...
- China hit with tariffs on $50 billion worth of goods
The U.S. will impose 25 percent tariffs on approximately $50 billion worth of goods from China in 2018 import value, mainly including indus...
- Maersk closes Chile reefer factory
Less than three years after it opened a factory in San Antonio, Chile to manufacture refrigerated shipping containers, Maersk Container Ind...
- CN unveils more investments across Canada
Class I railway Canadian National this week announced its plans to invest C$320 million (U.S. $243 million) across Alberta as well as C$210...
- FAST Act transportation research funds awarded
Three universities -- University of Maine, Rutgers University and Pennsylvania State University -- were selected by the U.S. Department of ...
- Spot container rates from Shanghai to U.S. decline
The Shanghai Shipping Exchange's Shanghai Containerized Freight Index (SCFI) fell 3.5 percent from last Friday's reading of 806.04 to a rea...
- U.S. steel imports surge in anticipation of tariff
Steel imports to the United States surged 12.1 percent in April to 3.76 million net tons, according to the latest figures from the American...
- Port of Oakland volumes recede after record April
Container cargo volumes at the Port of Oakland slipped 2.9 percent to 204,765 TEUs in May compared with the same month a year ago, accordin...
|JUNE 15, 2018|
- Rosneft, Saudi Arabia mull heavy oil swaps, other joint deals
Russia top oil producer Rosneft and Saudi Arabia are looking into the possibilities of cooperating on international trading
- China/US trade war, OPEC supply boost, sink crude futures
The oil complex settled sharply in the red Friday as financial markets reacted to a deepening trade war between the United States and China
- Oil futures down sharply as demand called into question
Crude and product futures appeared to stabilize at sharply lower levels during early afternoon US trading Friday
- China's SHFE announces basic terms for upcoming 380 CST bunker fuel futures contract
China's Shanghai Futures Exchange announced Friday the basic terms for its upcoming 380 CST bunker fuel futures contract