|MARCH 19, 2018|
- Asia-Europe rate drops 6.3pc to US$741/TEU, off 11.1pc to USWC
- Another Maersk boxship fire after recent deadly Maersk Honam blaze
- CMA CGM back in the black after APL acquisition
- Cosco Shipping Ports' February volumes remain strong
- DP World profit up 7pc to US$1.2b with surges in revenue and volumes
- Global box traffic achieves 5pc growth in January driven by Asia-US trades
- Port of New Orleans steps up plans for second container terminal
- Asia-US spot rates enter an abyss ahead of looming capacity surge
- Flexport to start LA-HK air cargo flights for Greater China, APAC
- UK's top airports see air cargo growth in February, except Manchester
- Lufthansa Group's cargo load factor rises slightly to 71.1 per cent
|MARCH 18, 2018|
- CMA CGM registers impressive increase in transported volumes & revenue in 2017
- Fire in container underdeck onboard Maersk Kensington
- MOL takes delivery of first next-generation car carrier
- Jaiwant Dhawale takes charge as Chief Manager (Administration) & Secretary, JNPT
- Jawaharlal Nehru Custom House organising IGST Refund Facilitation Camp
- GatewayRail flags off weekly, dedicated train service from Mundra Port to ICD Sanehwal
- IATA, MoCA & RGNAU collaborating to develop aviation professionals in India
- Lufthansa Cargo expanding its range of digital services
- Clarifications on exports related refund issues
- Due dates for filing GSTR-1 & GSTR-3B returns & monthly GSTR-3B return for all taxpayers
- Export growth continues
- India & ADB sign $120 m loan agreement to improve rail infrastructure
- Prabhu chairs working group on making India a $ 5-trillion economy
|MARCH 19, 2018|
- "Great ideas can really take you places"
- Heavy-duty e-lorries going on trial
- Flash Group becomes Redspher
- Spohr keeping faith with Lufthansa
- Intermodal traffic up despite Rastatt shutdown
- Cosco opts for Navis
- Gefco Germany recruits new vehicle logistics boss
- New integrated solutions in Paraguay
- Blockchain technology test proves potentials
- Ferromex to serve new refined product terminals
- Virgin Cargo very happy with 2017
- From Rhenus to DP World
- Container volumes rising at port of Oakland
- New old owner of Scandinavian freight railway
- OT Logistics hoists flag higher in the Balkans
- Maskargo now ninth IAG partner plus member
- Iata: from Lone Star State to Lion City
|MARCH 16, 2018|
- Seatrade says it is likely to appeal vessel scrapping conviction
- Another Maersk Line ship suffers fire
- Korea Line books VLCCs from Hyundai HI
- DP World results show strong 2017 performance
- Workers at struggling shipbuilders protest in Seoul
- Brexit: EU ports fear loss of ro-ro cargoes and transhipments
|MARCH 16, 2018|
- Container fire breaks out on a second Maersk box ship, but crew is safe
- Asia-Europe carriers prepare for battle over market share with FAK rate cuts
- A 'critical year' for Agility as it pushes the digital boundaries in logistics
- Fuso goes on sale and all-electric light-duty trucks hit the road in the UK
- NEW Loadstar LongRead: Dangerous Goods - the problem of lithium batteries
- Lufthansa Cargo paper air waybill charge will push clients to go online
- Plane loses its $368m cargo of gold, platinum and diamonds on takeoff
|MARCH 16, 2018|
- Damen introduces Multi Cat water injection dredge
- ARO Drilling picks design for 20 rigs it plans to build at new mega yard
- Maersk reports cargo fire on U.S.-flag containership
- VIDEO: Oceanco delivers world's largest DynaRig sailing yacht
- MOL takes delivery of next generation car carrier
|MARCH 16, 2018|
- Mass business failures expected ahead of 2020 sulphur deadline
Industry denial over 2020 expected to force owners out of business within two years. It will generate nothing but chaos...
- Second Maersk ship fire brought under control with no harm to crew
The 6,200 teu Maersk Kensington was heading from Salalah to Suez when a container caught alight, but Maersk does not...
- Eyes wide shut on sulphur cap
Firm line from regulators rams home message that January 1 deadline will be upheld, but do owners believe it? Expect...
- Maersk Tankers acquisition gets EU approval
$1.17bn sale from AP Moller-Maersk follows divestment from Maersk Oil
- Capes lag other dry segments as they fall to seven-month low
Fewer cargoes from Brazil leave capesize earnings lagging behind panamaxes and supramaxes this week, but all is not lost, because...
- Rodolphe Saadé raises the bar as CMA CGM posts $701m profit for 2017
Update: French group ranked number three in the world in terms of containership capacity is benefiting from the acquisition of...
- Shipping 'key' if UK is to be major trading nation after Brexit
UK has 'always been at our best when we are outward-looking, and our shipping industry epitomises this key strength', says...
- The Interview: Wang Jianjun
Investors and owners should look at indicative facts and be more responsible for the market, says the Commonwealth Bank of...
- Tanker orderbook shows oversupply may ease sooner than expected
The large number of scrapping candidates points to a bright market outlook, VesselsValue analyst Court Smith says
- Spectre of trade war looms over the dry bulk market
BIMCO chief shipping analyst believes soyabean trades from US to China could possibly shift away to Brazil and Argentina exporting...
- CMA reveals contrasting visions for maritime
Conferences such as the CMA have value because they bring the views of association leaders alongside the reality of life...
- MPCC buys another five feeders
Acquistion of Simatech Shipping & Forwarding raises fleet to 64
- New faces to lead UK shipping as Brexit debate intensifies
New UK Chamber of Shipping president Sir Michael Bibby warns of disaster for UK shipping and ports if Brexit negotiations...
- Succession plan in place for privately-owned Bristol Port
Sir David Ord and Terence Mordaunt have not been tempted by any takeover approaches and are confident they have succession...
- CS Ports financial chief stands down
Hunt is on for a successor after 54-year-old announces he is leaving to pursue further personal career development
- Lessons in leadership at the CMA and Capital Link
Integrity, team spirit, educating the next generation, and speaking 'multiple languages' are among the key leadership attributes
- A tale of two ports: A look at Bristol and Liverpool
Liverpool and Bristol developed plans for new container terminals to handle the biggest ships in service, but there the parallels...
- Korea's financial watchdog to tighten inspection of shipping industry
As part of tightening oversight in the aftermath of irregularities at DSME, the government body will also introduce a harsher...
- Yet another tanker is attacked off Nigeria
Crew deploy anti-piracy measures as attack follows an earlier one last Tuesday
- DP World confident on macro picture with $1.2bn net profit
The company will raise its capital expenditure to $1.4bn this year to further expand capacity
- China's newbuilding orders up 456% in January-February
Despite a sharp jump in orders, the total profits of the major yards have slid into negative territory amid huge...
|MARCH 16, 2018|
- Logistics managers get pro-active to prepare C-suite for disruption
- Knight Transportation buys Abilene Motor Express
- CMA CGM mega-ship call puts Hamburg channel back in spotlight
- CMA CGM posts record 2017 revenue, volume, aided by APL buy
- Initial trucker reviews positive for Virginia appointment system
- DP World posts strong 2017 revenue, earnings growth
- Second Maersk ship catches fire off Salalah, crew safe
- US Customs's ACE cross-border trade system lacks funding
- Asia-Europe: Plenty of space, falling rates, shippers report
|MARCH 16, 2018|
- New VLEC ethane terminal heading to US
Industrial shipping of petrochemical gas to continues its run as China eyed for latest round of cargoes.
- Credit Suisse drops coverage on ship stocks
Move comes amid unconfirmed report that lead equity analyst has departed the investment bank.
- CMA CGM expects 'momentum' to continue
French liner operator's fourth-quarter earnings rise as larger fleet handles more shipments.
- Faulty forecast kit led to Saga Sky crash
Anglo-Eastern cargoship forced by Storm Angus into rock barge off UK.
- GEFO orders six tankers in China
German owner expanding fleet with first new deliveries since 2016.
- Fire contained on another Maersk boxship
Crew safe after blaze breaks out on Maersk Kensington off Oman.
- Eastern Pacific and DS Tankers sell VLCCs for demolition
Idan Ofer said to have scrapped third ship in a week, while German owner is clearing out veteran tanker.
- Burned crewman airlifted from Cido VLOC
South African rescue services swing into action after accident on Pacific Garnet.
- Bibby elected UK Chamber president with focus on Brexit
Outgoing CEO of Bibby Line Group will succeed Grahaeme Henderson.
- Bulker market has regained self confidence, says Ismar
Western Bulk chief executive says life, luster and optimism are back.
- RMT calls for nationalisation of NorthLink
Union says Scottish service would be better off under state control.
- Pertamina places BULL on the black list
Pertamina has blacklisted Indonesian tonnage provider Buana Lintas Lautan (BULL). Rumours of a fall-out between the two companies surfaced in the market this week and have now been confirmed. BULL has three LR tankers on charter to the oil company and was informed of the action in writing this week, domestic publication Kontan reported today. While the blacklisting is reported to prevent BULL f
- Yang Ming, Gold Star launch new runs
Taiwanese owner eyes Vietnamese business, while Hong Kong line connects sub-continent to China.
- Tanker seized over "smuggling" in Libya
Nigerian vessel held and crew arrested by navy due to lack of permits.
- Sweet 16 for VLCC demolition sales
Three more scrap sales this week contribute to encouraging tally for 2018.
- MPCC acquires five boxships from Simatech
Oslo-listed owner completes another big deal as expansion goes on.
- US envoy butters up Greek owners
Geoffrey Pyatt says shipping industry a symbol of the nation's "potential and resilience."
- Qatar orders nine coast guard ships in Turkey
Interior ministry beefing up security with deal at Ares Shipyard.
- KOTC adds to order book with China VLCC
Kuwaiti tanker owner also agrees financing deal with local banks worth nearly $470m.
- Korea Line Corp confirms Hyundai VLCC order
South Korean shipowner takes tally of large tankers ordered against GS Caltex COAs to nine.
- Pilot killed in Port Hedland chopper crash
However, a second man was recovered alive from waters off Australian iron ore export facility.
- Shell tipped to win Hong Kong LNG import deal
Energy major said to have beaten off competition from rivals to seal 10-year contract.
|MARCH 16, 2018|
- CMA CGM thrives in 2017 on the back of APL acquisition
CMA CGM posted improved earnings, revenues and container volumes in 2017 from the prior year. The French carrier reported a net income of ...
- Cargojet profits soar in 2017
Cargojet saw its earnings soar in 2017, posting a net profit of $23.7 million Canadian (U.S. $18.1 million) for the year compared with just...
- U.S. intensifies Russian sanctions
The U.S. Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) sanctioned five Russian entities and 19 people in effort to punish t...
- Global Ports sinks into the red in 2017
Terminal operator Global Ports Investments PLC posted a net loss of $53 million for the 2017 calendar year compared with a $61 million prof...
- U.S., South Korea reduce trade impact of poultry disease
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and its counterpart in the South Korean government have reached an agreement on how to minimize t...
- Clarksons sees earnings, revenues rise in 2017
Clarkson PLC (Clarksons) saw its underlying profits before taxes grow 12 percent to 50.2 million euros (U.S. $61.6 million) in 2017 compare...
- MSC subsidiary to launch new rail service
Mediterranean Shipping Co. (MSC) said Medway, its logistics arm on the Iberian peninsula, will offer a freight rail service connecting Sevi...
- Another Maersk ship catches fire in cargo hold
The 5,616-TEU Maersk Kensington reported a fire in a cargo hold on Thursday at 20:50 EST while en route from Salalah, Oman towards Suez, Ma...
- Salt Lake City to gain inland port?
Utah's Senate this week passed legislation to create an inland port authority. A similar bill was approved by the Utah House of Representat...
|MARCH 16, 2018|
- Gulf of Mexico lease sale outlook bright as $60/b oil sticks
With prompt NYMEX crude futures sticking around $60/b, and offshore project costs now competitive with onshore shale, the ailing US oil and gas offshore industry could get a much-needed shot in the arm at federal Gulf Coast lease sale.
- Grassley rails against cap on US biofuel credits as White House talks fizzle
The Environmental Protection Agency's proposed settlement with Philadelphia Energy Solutions, which appeared in the bankruptcy court record Monday, also sent RINs lower.
- Ardmore Shipping to focus on MR tankers on bullish outlook
Medium Range clean tankers' freight rates are likely to get strong support this year, on the back of slower growth in fleet and greater trade in oil products, a senior Ardmore Shipping executive said late Thursday.
- Oil surges on nuclear tension, NYMEX April tops $62/b
Oil futures jumped midday Friday and stayed higher, with NYMEX April crude closing up $1.15 at $62.34/b, ahead of the airing of a highly anticipated interview Sunday with Saudi Arabia's crown prince.
- ARA fuel oil inventories plunge 33% on VLCC loading east
Fuel oil inventories in the Amsterdam-Rotterdam-Antwerp region plunged 33% in the week ending March 15, data from PJK consulting showed, after a dirty very large crude carrier headed east after loading the product in Rotterdam, according to Platts trade flow software cFlow.
- Ferry owner says scrubber intake fault may have caused sulfur breach
"The scrubbers work fine," the source said. "As long as they get enough sea-water (with alkaline material) they scrub below the required 0.1% level."
- Bunker, shipping industry better off with credit insurance: lawyer
Retention of title clause is only good in theory.
- China's Cosco Shipping to build methanol plants in US with IGP, eyes bunkering use
Methanol is touted as a viable bunker fuel to meet upcoming environmental rules in shipping.