|MARCH 20, 2018|
- CMA CGM hikes rates to and from north Europe, China and the Far East
- Hong Kong down again, February volume falls 5.7pc to 1.4 million TEU
- Hong Kong plea: US aluminum tariff unnecessary and unfair to HK
- Singapore's non-oil exports suffer worst monthly slide since 2016
- Oakland's 5-year plan envisions more cargo with new facilities
- Rates to plunge as regulators 'meddle' with South American trade
- NPCT1 Tanjung Priok, Indonesia, lifts one million TEU in 18 months
- DHL Supply Chain finds robots double warehouse picking productivity
- Truck shortage in slack season caused by Fed rules and economic boom
- Lufthansa profit soars 70pc to US$3.7 billion as sales jump 12.4pc
- HNA airlines to pay overdue fuel bills to state-owned supplier
- Gibraltar ready to allow Spain to share control of its airport
- AN-12 leaves Siberian runway screwn with gold ingots on takeoff
|MARCH 19, 2018|
- Hamburg Süd to rearrange Asia-Europe/Mediterranean network
- Anti-dumping duty imposed on imports of cold-rolled flat products of stainless steel from multiple countries
- Major Ports handle more in 11 months
- PSA's Bharat Mumbai Container Terminals enhances connectivity with first barge & train volumes
- DP World joint venture Hindustan Infralog acquires 90 pc of Continental Warehousing Corporation
- L&T Construction & DFCCIL sign contract for Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor
- Clarifications on exports related refund issues
- Decelerating export growth trend a worry: FIEO President
- Govt addressing problems related to GST refunds of exporters
|MARCH 20, 2018|
- Network closure due to lack of staff?
- Yard expansion to accommodate over 100 rail cars
- European patent for passive thermal container provider
- Greenfield project at Dunkirk port
- DP World shopping in Peru
- Architectural landmark for port of Antwerp
- RZD to reconstruct Birobidzhan-Leninsk rail section
- Spanish ports still on rising tide in January
- European Food Network integrates Scandinavia
- Icao secretary general confirmed by acclamation
- Hainan Airlines lands in Brussels, adding Dublin/Edinburgh
- More north-south services offset Rastatt losses
- Traconf snapped up by Nippon Express
- Warm welcome for new QCS boss in Frankfurt
- Dramatic growth for CMA CGM in 2017
- Qatar Airways Cargo extends contract with WFS at CDG
|MARCH 19, 2018|
- Sovcomflot pushes diversification strategy
- Price is everything: John Michael Radziwill talks fleet expansion
- Losses mount at Russia's Sovcomflot
- Will the IMO signal the endgame for fossil fuels in shipping?
- Abduction risks for crew rise in southeast Asia
- Wellbeing policy helps crew and the bottom line
- Europe's ro-ro freight market evolving
- Shipping learns from aviation automation
- Wärtsilä in USD258 million deal to acquire Transas
- PSA global throughput up 9.8% as Singapore volumes rebound
- JX Ocean books VLCC from Japan Marine United
- Far East Shipping & Trading books bulkers at Saiki
|MARCH 19, 2018|
- Maersk and MSC unveil new 2M Asia-Europe network, with 17 fewer port calls
- CMA CGM seizes title of most profitable container line with 2017 performance
- Brexit deal a 'step in the right direction', but not the end of the road for the UK
- Analysis: Atlas Air and ATSG spread their wings in an air cargo boom
- Air cargo market ponders another good year, but are things slowing down?
- Henkel warns of delivery woes hitting sales in North America
- Bart Pouwels gets top job in Schiphol Airport cargo restructure
- New forwarder FSC Oceans appoints Steve Boyson to develop business
|MARCH 19, 2018|
- Navy eyes block buy of two Ford class aircraft carriers
- Moose Boats wins San Francisco Fire Department contract
- Lloyd's Register acquires cyber security specialist
- MDI to represent Spain's Indar Electric Marine Division
- Lindblad lays keel for Polar expedition cruise ship
- Two York Capital controlled offshore players to merge
- Smart Play: Wartsila to acquire Transas
|MARCH 19, 2018|
- Sovcomflot maintains operating profits in 2017 with focus on industrial projects
Weak tanker rates plague Russian state owner's bottom line but company executives hail stable income from offshore and gas businesses
- Wärtsilä wants to carry connectivity torch
Marine Solutions president Roger Holm explains that benefits from data utilisation drove $258m Transas acquisition, with more targets potentially being lined...
- Wall St Note | ETF fund to offer new way of investing in shipping
New dry cargo futures fund brings casino-like exposure to the masses
- Svitzer hack highlights emerging cyber threat to industry
Now a case of 'when', not 'if', experts at London seminar warn
- Stolberg considers appeal against three-year prison term
Disgraced heavylift king found guilty on several charges of credit fraud and false accounting while chief executive of Beluga Shipping
- Wärtsilä's Transas deal brings vision of connected shipping a step closer
The real benefit of the Transas acquisition will only come when integration enables Wärtsilä to connect the dots
- Golar LNG shuffles leadership roles
Golar Partners chief executive and Golar LNG chief financial officer swap their positions
- Maritime efficiency is so much more than next-gen technology
New tech should be seen alongside the regulatory framework and upskilled human resources as the three key drivers of efficiency
- Wärtsilä acquires Transas to boost marine ecosystem vision
Transas has developed a cloud-based platform to manage operations at vessels and ports, says Wärtsilä
- PSA posts 5% rise in net profit for 2017
Group's terminals saw a 9.8% year on year increase in box volumes handled to 74.2m teu
- APMT broadens customer scope with new investment strategy
Maersk's terminal operating arm looks inland for new business amid dwindling carrier clientele through an array of value-added services for...
- Court freezes Dandong Port Group's assets
The Intermediate People's Court in Dandong City seized $768m worth of assets owned by debt-ridden Dandong Port Group following an...
- Tech firm concludes pilot blockchain shipment
Cargo comprised of two 40-foot high cube containers shipped from Malaysia to Brazil
- DP World buys Peruvian logistics firm Cosmos Agencia Maritima for $316m
The group aims to expand logistics-related market share in Latin America with the deal
- SM Group chairman dismisses rumours of SM Line sale
Current losses incurred by the shipping line are within the expected range, say local media reports
- Hong Kong tycoon and ports pioneer Li Ka-shing to retire
No major change in business direction over the next 10 years, says Mr Li
- IMC Group exercises options for MR tanker quartet
Vessels to be built by Guangzhou Shipyard International
- Noble Group to default on senior notes due this week
Commodity trading firm makes the decision after consulting with creditors
- Sri Lanka Ports Authority partners terminal operators to raise Colombo cargo efficiency
Sri Lanka Ports Authority agrees with Jaya Container Terminal, South Asia Gateway Terminal and Colombo International Container Terminal to help...
- Tanker and ro-ro crews repel pirates off Nigeria
Crews and vessels reported safe after armed attacks
|MARCH 19, 2018|
- Shippers say Chittagong road weight limit increasing costs, delays
- Brazilian carriers, shippers optimistic for volume growth
- Air freight demand growth starting to look sustainable
- PSA 2017 global volume surges on Singapore rebound
- Terminal operators move deeper into landside logistics
- DP World buys India 3PL, eyes work beyond terminals
- Rising rates and volume lift fortunes of top US truckers
- 2M Alliance to cut direct calls, add buffer time in Asia-Europe revamp
|MARCH 19, 2018|
- Seacor retrofits OSV with hybrid power
US-based offshore vessel owner and operator says the installation of additional battery power lowers fuel use.
- Royal Caribbean promotes Adam Goldstein
Miami-based cruise major appoints chief operating officer Adam Goldstein to the position of vice chairman.
- Legal battle and tanker writedowns send Sovcomflot to loss
Liabilities from London legal battle and provision on ship values seen in 2017 accounts.
- CSET plots newbuildings for methanol contract
Cosco tanker company teaming with IGP to supply US fuel to Chinese refiner.
- Bondholders reject Siem Offshore deal again
Norwegian OSV owner forces through changes to 2019 debt, but 2018 holders vote down refinancing once more.
- Bergshav set for lower rate on aframax charter
Norway's Bergshav Shipping will see earnings decline from an eight-year-old aframax tanker that it has on long-term charter from Harry Vafias-linked Stealth Maritime. The company has chartered the 105,000-dwt Stealth Berana (built 2010) to US-based Penfield Marine for up to two years, confirmed Bergshav chief financial officer Andreas Hannevik. European broking sources say Penfield has agreed to
- Zhongchang Marine adds seven bulkers
Financial leasing deal sees Chinese owner expand its fleet.
- U.N. Ro-Ro to sell 58% in IPO
Turkish owner lines up listing this year as buy-out funds sell down.
- Golar companies shuffle executive pack
Brian Tienzo and Graham Robjohns swap roles in latest move among Golar executives.
- Steering confusion led to fatal John S McCain crash
Singapore says US navy training inadequate, while Stealth MR had insufficient officers on bridge.
- Milaha chairman eyes growth in recovering markets
Sheikh Ali bin Jassim bin Mohammad Al Thani says expansion on the cards at home and overseas.
- Navios Maritime selling supramax bulker amid price slip
New York-listed owner reported to have disposed of a 2001-built ship.
- Wartsila widens smart shipping reach with Transas takeover
Finnish systems maker buys UK navigation solutions group in $258m deal.
- DP World in $315m takeover deal in Peru
Transaction with Agencia Maritima extends growth strategy.
- DSME fails in $373m Songa claim
UK high court says yard was too late to contest cost overrun awards.
- Dae Sun designs MPP for SIMA yard
Posco Daewoo sells blueprint for $60m to Peruvian state shipbuilder.
- Global Ports wins Croatian tender
Operating rights to Port of Zadar in the Adriatic will run for 20 years, London-listed company says.
- Shipping MLPs 'safe havens' despite tax shock wave
Morgan Stanley analyst explains maritime companies free from new legislation.
- Cala plots huge offshore casino newbuilding
US company claims deal with Cosco Dalian for gambling venue the size of 14 football fields.
- Mahindra in talks over shipping move
Indian logistics company has European partners lined up for coastal boxship business.
- Li Ka-shing retires at 89
Asian ports tycoon handing over reins to eldest son Victor Li.
- Bibby Offshore to merge with Cecon Contractors
US hedge fund York Capital Management to combine two of its offshore holdings into one.
- Liner cryptocurrency sees first transaction
Shipowner, Malaysia's West Port and Brazilian textile importer LPR in maiden use of TEU Tokens.
- Noble Group set to miss bond payments
Commodities trader may face legal action from bondholders not part of restructuring deal.
|MARCH 19, 2018|
- Knight-Swift back in the M&A game
Knight-Swift Transportation Holdings Inc., the new parent company formed from the merger of Phoenix-based trucking giants Knight Transporta...
- MPC scoops up up 6 more feeder ships
Ocean vessel owner and operator MPC Container Ships has agreed to acquire six more vessels in two separate deals for a total purchase price...
- Canada requests WTO dispute panel in softwood case against U.S.
Canada on Thursday requested that the World Trade Organization (WTO) form a dispute panel to adjudicate its challenge over U.S. antidumping...
- DP World acquires Cosmos Agencia Maritima for $315.7m
Port terminal operator DP World has acquired the Peru-based logistics services provider Cosmos Agencia Maritima S.A.C. (CAM) for $315.7 mil...
- BIS issues rule for requesting steel, aluminum tariff exclusions
The Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) has outlined procedures for how U.S. companies may request exclusions from 25 percent steel tarif...
- Freightex rebrands as Coyote Logistics
European over-the-road transportation provider Freightex has rebranded itself as Coyote Logistics. Freightex, founded in Dover, U.K. in 20...
- DHL's AEI employees in U.S. approve new contract
The nearly 800 workers at Air Express International (AEI), a U.S. subsidiary of DHL Global Forwarding an Deutche Post-DHL of Bonn, Germany,...
- Port of Portland revs auto exports
The Port of Portland in Oregon processed about 314,000 vehicle imports and exports across its docks in 2017, according to the most recent d...
|MARCH 19, 2018|
- US bans use of Venezuela's digital currency to tighten pressure on Maduro
The Trump administration's move Monday to ban the use of Venezuela-issued digital currency known as the petro is expected to have only symbolic impact in pressuring the Maduro regime.
- Iran to maintain oil output at current level for next 12 months: official
Iran will not raise its oil output in the next 12 months, according to National Iranian Oil Co.'s managing director.
- Russia seen sticking to OPEC policy
Russia was expected to continue its current energy policies, including cooperating with OPEC, after the reelection of Vladimir Putin as president.
- Contango casts bearish shadow across oil complex
NYMEX crude's term structure will be closely scrutinized this spring as an indicator of market fundamentals after the April/May spread flipped last week from backwardation to contango.
- Oil turns lower before key Federal Reserve meeting
Oil futures fell Monday under pressure from a plunge in US equity indexes, while a weaker dollar helped limit the downside ahead of a highly anticipated US Federal Reserve policy meeting slated for later this week.
- Western Japan's Cosmo Sakaide terminal works further trim bunker supplies
Maintenance work at Cosmo Oil's Sakaide oil terminal in western Japan will further trim already lean bunker fuel availability in western Japan, which could lend support to bunker prices there, Japanese trade sources said Monday.
- Teekay opts for distillates as bunker fuel for majority of fleet as IMO 2020 rule looms
"We are certainly not going to modify our existing vessels for LNG; scrubbers not to meet the deadline; [so] majority of our vessels are going to be using distillates," Noronha said.
- FUTURES: Crude moves lower ahead of key geopolitical meetings
"The market has been mulling over the geopolitical risks after the various departures at the White House," ANZ analysts said in a note Monday.