|MAY 21, 2018|
- Chairman's Award for HSSE Excellence highlights GAC's corporate social responsibility
- Customs Brokers Licensing Regulations, 2018
- MOL Logistics signs agency agreement with Al Madina Logistics in Oman
- New jetty at Rotterdam LBC Tank Terminals ready for vessels
- SCFI Asia-Northern Europe spot rate down
- Britannia Industries launches first export-oriented plant in Gujarat
- Trade bodies call for more warehouses at Benapole land port to boost Indo-Bangla trade
- IMO event in June to deliberate on better ship/port interface
- JNCH intimates modification in the procedure of container movement permission
- MbPT Chairman felicitated on elevation in rank
- Kerry Logistics in strategic cooperation to explore Belt and Road initiative opportunities
- US imposing non-tariff barrier by including shrimps in its Seafood Import Monitoring Program
- Bengal Chamber of Commerce & Industry to hold half day workshop on challenges in the maritime & logistics industry in Kolkata on May 25
- Century Plyboards certified AEO-LO
|MAY 22, 2018|
- Hupac buys ERS Railways
- PTC implementation progressing in USA
- Australia to deploy autonomous trains for heavy haul
- Vote for big ideas for Canada's future infrastructure
- Geis enlarging facilities and creating jobs
- Aflas awards for Kerry Logistics
- Drive Green Network gathering momentum
- Express train to haul perishables along Silk Road
- Network Rail greets new associate director
- New crane for Baro in Nigeria
- Waco debates about economic challenges at AGM
- Concerns about British charter capacities
- China opens borders for TIR operations
- Tiaca underlines new vision with fresh logo
- Spanish ports start off well in 2018
- Different faces at Transnet helm
- Last chance to sue looming large
|MAY 21, 2018|
- Hong Kong government proposes ship-leasing boost
- COSCO Shipping Ports aims to strengthen port supply offering
- Sulphur cap risks painful charterparty disputes
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries sees growth in gas-powered ships
- Nova Shipping books up to eight woodchip carriers at Chengxi Shipyard
- Geden Line breaks newbuilding drought with Aframax quartet at Samkang M&T
|MAY 21, 2018|
- MSC tries 'last-resort' emergency surcharge to offset rising cost of fuel
- Hamburg loses further ground to north Europe rivals as it waits for deeper water
- Analysis: tie-up with a major forwarder the next step for CMA CGM after CEVA?
- Bluetooth technology a new wave of transformation for air cargo
- Cargo may face life in the slow lane after Brexit
- Maritime trade heading for chaotic start to new sulphur regulations
|MAY 21, 2018|
- Crosby Tugs opts for ABS software for Subchapter M compliance
- Sembcorp Marine firms up Vito FPU contract
- Hapag-Lloyd Cruises gets approval to build third expedition ship
- NTSB issues report on 2017 barge allision incident
- VIDEO: Croatian shipyard launches 7,000 car Siem PCTC
- ICS warns of sulfur cap "chaos and confusion"
|MAY 21, 2018|
- Diana Containerships latest sale cuts fleet to four
The Nasdaq-listed owner expects to use the proceeds to pre-pay existing indebtedness
- Piracy in Somalia costs $1.4bn in 2017
Criminal networks in Somalia are still capable of sophisticated attacks, as spillover threats from the war in Yemen compound West...
- Marine will remain core line at merged SSL Endeavour, Lawrence vows
Existing managements retain significant stakes even though JC Flowers will have control
- Tote appoints Tim Nolan as new CEO
The company plans to move its corporate headquarters to Jacksonville, Florida from Seattle, Washington
- Novatek creates Arctic shipping unit
New transport unit will centralise management
- ICS says 'time running out' on 'chaotic' sulphur cap
Re-elected ICS chairman Esben Poulsson calls on IMO to address sulphur cap uncertainties and criticises EU about greenhouse gases
- Container shipping sector shrugs off sanctions
Sanctioned countries' contribution to container trade growth has been negligible and will have no significant effect on box shipping
- European Commission backs simplified port reporting
Commission pushes ahead with a compromise proposal harmonising, but not centralising, reporting formalities in the EU
- Sovcomflot struggles in 'extremely challenging' tanker market
Freight rates reached records lows in some sectors, having fallen by almost 50 per cent year on year
- SGX sets sail for the Atlantic with new FFAs
The C7 is a capesize voyage route from Bolivar, Colombia to Amsterdam-Rotterdam-Antwerp, Europe while P2E is a panamax time charter trip route from...
- TBS gets new identity after Mitsubishi, LT Ugland investment
The dry bulk shipping company will continue to be headquartered in Scarsdale, New York, and will add a European presence
- NYK offers industry's first green bonds at 0.29% coupon
The Japanese shipping giant intends to use the proceeds to fund environmentally friendly LNG-fuelled vessels, ballast water treatment systems and...
- Europe acts to counter US sanctions on Iran
The Blocking Statute forbids EU companies from complying with the extraterritorial effects of US sanctions
- US exports to China may grow by up to $90bn as trade war averted
Potential surge of imports from US to China may put pressure on competitors, such as Brazil for beef, and Australia...
- Russia restricts import of dangerous goods for the next two months
The security measure will apply to all, including cargo terminals and bunker suppliers
|MAY 21, 2018|
- US truck, intermodal pricing bump against record highs
- APM Terminals NY-NJ upgrade advances with new cranes
- EU, India bare tariff teeth
- Intermodal/rail sees an opportunity in Europe's barge congestion, trucker shortage
- Tariffs, trucking the top threats to Top 100 US importers and exporters
- Rail-mounted crane boosts hope for Chittagong congestion relief
- Quebec port's container terminal plans raise questions of feasibility, Montreal's future
- Supply chain execs: Resistance to change holds back container shipping
|MAY 21, 2018|
- GoodBulk starts dividend as profit rolls in
New dry bulk player starts up shareholder payouts as company aims for US listing.
- Viken gets more period coverage for aframaxes
Norwegian shipowner has netted new contracts for a brace of tankers.
- 'Eco' suezmaxes targeted in BP, Equinor charters
Fixtures come as current and long-term bunker prices become a more critical issue.
- Hapag-Lloyd Cruises to order third ship
Parent TUI greenlights plan to add another Hanseatic-class vessel.
- Diana Containerships continues sales effort
Greek owner has reduced fleet by more than half since February.
- Equinor signs up DeepOcean for five years
Major formerly known as Statoil agrees another framework deal for OSVs.
- Essar Shipping to shed older tonnage
Indian owner's board sanctions sale of veteran vessels, with 18 potentially going.
- Sea World Management tied to Toisa tanker buy
Laliotis-backed company believed to be the latest to snap up vessels from court ordered sale.
- VIDEO: Fire hits Glovis car carrier
Crew evacuated from Auto Banner at Korea's Incheon port.
- Sanoyas admits loan problems to shareholders
Japanese shipbuilder has fallen foul of loan covenants but says it has reached an agreement with lenders
- Second HHIC worker dies after accident
Philippines yard employee suffered head injuries in fall on 12 May.
- Unisea Shipping set for first bulker buy of 2018
Greek shipowner said to have purchased a vessel from a Taiwanese company.
- MSC imposes extra fees for Maersk Honam boxes
Damaged boxship berths tomorrow, but customers paying more for re-delivery.
- NRP takes in heavylift pair
Christian Ness-led investment firm has grabbed two vessels to enter new territory.
- ICS predicts 2020 'chaos and confusion'
Esben Poulsson warns that IMO needs to resolve bunker supply and standards issues.
- Shipping faces 'wide range of threats' off Horn of Africa
Report shows Yemen war has added to risk in the region with incidents on the rise.
- Pacific Radiance plots vital $120m share issue
New stock to constitute 65% of company as banks write off $100m.
- Thenamaris LR2 locked into one-year charter
Koch said to have taken in tanker from Greek owner on period deal.
- ESL Shipping feels the bulker chill
Icy conditions in northern Europe cut earnings for Finnish owner.
- Tanker owners start to avoid Iran route
European shipping companies wary of new US sanctions.
- NYK prices shipping's first green bonds
$93m issue aimed at funding eco-vessels and other projects will pay interest of 0.29%.
- Novatek setting up Arctic shipping company
Russian gas giant wants to consolidate management of its Yamal LNG carrier operations and use the Northern Sea Route.
- SGX expands into Atlantic with new FFAs
Launch of C7 and P2E freight contracts takes suite of products offered by the SGX to nine.
- Shell firms up Vito FPU deal at Sembcorp
Singapore yard group puts pen to paper on contract first agreed with oil major in December.
- North Sea aframax earnings "a disaster"
Asset class worst performer among crude tankers so far in 2018, says Gibson Shipbrokers.
|MAY 21, 2018|
- Grimaldi christens vehicle carrier
The car and truck carrier Grande Halifax , owned and operated by the Grimaldi Group, was christened Thursday in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canad...
- VARGO opening tech center in Ohio
VARGO, a provider of material-handling system integration, warehouse execution software and equipment solutions for fulfillment and distrib...
- TIACA unveils new logo, websites
The International Air Cargo Association (TIACA) has rolled out a fresh logo and redesigned websites to underpin its new vision supporting t...
- Container rates recede again after brief bounceback
Container freight rates declined again last week following a brief rebound, according to two of the primary indices tracking spot market ra...
- JC Horizon fights fees for tossed cargo
A shipper has filed a complaint with the Federal Maritime Commission claiming it has been charged for more than $600,000 in detention and d...
- Fire erupts on car carrier cargo deck
A fire erupted aboard the car carrier Auto Banner at around 9:40 a.m. Seoul time Monday at the Port of Incheon in Korea. The fire broke ou...
- Wabtec, GE Transportation merging
Wabtec Corporation and GE Transportation announced Monday they are merging in a transaction valued at about $11.1 billion. According to th...
- NWSA box-volume decline continues in April
The Northwest Seaport Alliance (NWSA), which includes the ports of Seattle and Tacoma, handled 279,715 TEUs of containerized cargo in April...
- Port of Grangemouth moves forward with upgrades
The Port of Grangemouth is well under way with a multimillion-pound investment program involving container terminal surfacing upgrades, shi...
|MAY 21, 2018|
- Oil rises as US takes tough line on Iran, Venezuela
The oil complex strengthened Monday as US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo promised America would place the "strongest sanctions in history" on Iran unless Tehran took steps to change its behavior
- ICE July Brent falls despite Pompeo remarks on Iran
ICE July Brent was down slightly in US morning trading Monday despite remarks by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo rebuffing European efforts to skirt sanctions being reimposed by Washington on Iran
- NWE fuel oil hi-lo crunches counterseasonally on strong HSFO market
The hi-lo spread in Northwest Europe has narrowed counterseasonally to its lowest in 15 weeks
- Gothenburg bunker fuel premium over Rotterdam widens, supported by demand
- Istanbul bunker fuel premium over Novorossiisk hits six-month high
- Singapore police files up to 51 new charges in connection with Shell MGO theft
A pre-trial conference has been scheduled in Singapore's state courts on May 24.
- Greek Arista to build up to 20 new generation LNG-fueled vessels
The project establishes LNG as a global marine fuel, Arista's technical manager said.
- FUTURES: Crude up as US-China trade war on 'hold'; US rig data
"The pick-up in drilling activity in the US shale industry was weakening," ANZ analysts said.