|JUNE 28, 2018|
- OOCL cancels Asia-Europe sailings due to 'low demand' during summer period
- Container shipping lines look for hike rates in July as capacity tightens
- 113 migrants rescued by Maersk Line ship land in southern Italy
- New St Petersburg group aims to cut shipper costs by up to 15pc
- Antwerp's Oosterhout box terminal is new member of West-Brabant corridor
- US firms record 6.2pc higher logistics costs in 2017
- AIT Worldwide Logistics expands in China with new Qingdao office
- Atlas Air raises 2018 earnings expectations
- Heathrow management welcomes UK Parliament's vote to build 3rd runway
- Turkish Cargo flies 3 giraffes from Johannesburg to Tehran
|JUNE 27, 2018|
- HMM ranked Top Carrier 2018 by AgTC
- ITIC helps ship manager successfully refute owner's allegation of negligence
- Liberia underlines commitment to seafarer wellbeing on IMO Day of the Seafarer
- Maersk Line moves first end-to-end shipments from Haldia
- EPCES holds workshop on AEO programme at SEEPZ-SEZ
- May witnessed an increase in India's oil imports from Iran
- Allcargo Mundra CFS rolls out community empowerment initiatives
- Customers seen benefiting from APM Terminals India's AEO certification
- Freight forwarders welcome MPs' backing for the expansion of Heathrow Airport
- Cabinet approves capital infusion in Export Credit Guarantee Corporation
- Centre should abolish IGST, intra-state E-way bill & bring real estate under GST to make it more effective: Delhi Deputy CM
- South East CEO Conclave & Cargo & Logistics Awards 2018 to bring together the fraternity at the ITC Grand Chola tomorrow
|JUNE 28, 2018|
- Russian and Korean railways to cooperate
- New healthcare and logistics facility at JFK
- Two new members for the BACA council
- USA's Utica line reactivated after twelve years
- Broekman expanding into airfreight
- The American Club very pleased with 2017
- Cargo aircraft crashes in Guinea
- Another trans-Atlantic bridge for a Hamburg forwarder
- Quintanilla heads Spanish merchant navy
- DB Schenker launches Austrian skiers' season
- Investing in electric-powered equipment at Total Terminals
- EVR Cargo now called Operail
- Changes on the Swiss Post board
- Boeing investing in drone-delivery startup
- Big contract for AV Dawson
- Hapag-Lloyd in an adjustment phase
- First freight wagons on the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars line
|JUNE 27, 2018|
- Nova Marine Carriers orders 18 mini-bulkers from Chinese yard
- SITC orders feeder pair from Yangzijiang Shipbuilding
- Belt and Road, quantitative easing, masking global growth prospects, warns Danish Ship Finance
- Wan Hai plans newbuilding orders this year
- Tanker scrap sales stall as monsoon season hits
- Hyundai Glovis takes crew training in-house
|JUNE 27, 2018|
- Amazon and DHL give Atlas Air a lift as carrier boosts profit expectations
- Transpacific capacity still outpacing demand, putting more pressure on rates
- Xeneta launches container freight rate index to help shippers find best deals
- Port of Rotterdam plans post-Brexit customs trial to discover bottlenecks
- Atlanta has the drive to be a top US cargo airport, but it may be a bumpy ride
- JD.com warehouse employs four people to fulfil 200,000 packages a day
|JUNE 27, 2018|
- Dorian LPG to BW LPG: "What part of 'no' do you not understand?"
- ABB inks MOU on development of fuel cells for larger ships
- Fincantieri Bay to build 740 ft self-unloading barge for VanEnkervort
- Foss Maritime centralizes vessel ops with Helm software platform
- Viking Supply sells three PSV's, takes $12 million hit
- Kings Point alums launch USMMA 75th anniversary campaign
|JUNE 27, 2018|
- Diana boosted by 17 bulkers becoming mortgage-free
A new five-year loan facility and cash allows US-listed Diana Shipping to 'voluntarily' pay off 17 of its vessels
- Okeanis raises $100m from Norway placement
Greek tanker company's share expected to start trading on Merkur market next week
- Trafigura alleges forgery of papers linked to Probo Koala case
Court case expected to be heard later this year
- Cargill agrees long-term charters for new baby capes
Cargill has options for two more vessels
- Clarification: Odin Marine Group
- Yinkou Port shares frozen amid debt disputes
Part of the freeze results from lawsuits filed by Bocomm Financial Leasing against YPG
- Weak revenues hamper salvage sector
Average income from Lloyd's Open Form cases hits record low
- Shipbroking market 'ripe for restructuring'
This article was originally published on June 18. It has been updated and republished
- Dorian 'responsive' to shareholders after BW renews approach
Dorian LPG says its board members, representing more than 25% of shareholders, are against the merger with BW LPG
- Danaos posts first-quarter profit after unveiling debt deal
Boxship owner beats Wall Street estimates and maintains high charter coverage for next 12 months
- EU revises maritime security plan
Action plan calls for closer international co-operation against emerging threats
- Transpacific trade struggles under weight of competition
Peak season rate revival hopes fade as capacity crunch hits Asia-North America routes
- Bargains still available for smaller boxships buyers
With discounts on offer, potential owners should buy now to avoid disappointment
- Daily Briefing
Sovcomflot cautious on LNG shipping | IEA expects 20% growth in global LNG trade | EU investment in LNG bunkering...
- Xinle Shipbuilding confirms Nova Maritime orders
Brokers have priced the 18 newbuildings at more than $150m in total
- Star Bulk launches secondary public offering
Fund manager Oaktree will hold approximately 43% of the common shares of the New York-listed dry bulker operator after the...
- Pakistan court orders all coal imports to be discharged at Port Qasim from August
The coal companies will have six weeks to adjust their shipping routes to conform to the new ruling
- SITC orders two boxships at Yangzijiang
Delivery of the newbuildings is scheduled in 2020
- Total reveals blueprint for LNG bunkering's future
Although some challenges, such as insufficient infrastructure, still need to be overcome, Total has forecast 10m tonnes of LNG bunkering...
- Selling LNG 'feels like logistics business', says Cheniere head
Jack Fusco says the Cheniere fleet is a major factor behind the company's success
|JUNE 27, 2018|
- Xeneta offers new approach to index-linked container contracts
- US truck pricing power forecast to last into 2020
- Thailand bans waste imports as Malaysia consider same
- Canada west coast ports, rails: We're peak season ready
- Maersk extends 'one-stop shipper shop' solution to Haldia Port
- UP suffers delays out of LA-LB ahead of peak season
|JUNE 27, 2018|
- IMO 2020 poses 'big risks'
The 0.5% sulphur content mandate may take up to $2tn out of global economy, according to consultants.
- Cosco merger audit shines spotlight on 'illegal practices'
Report cites billions of yuan worth of 'problems in financial accounting, investment and management, as well as breaches of Communist Party guidelines
- Stalwart sells final chemical tanker from its original fleet
Stalwart Management is said to have shed the last vessel in its original chemical tanker fleet, which would complete a pivot towards larger vessels. The Dimitrios Souravlas-led company has sold the 23,300-dwt St Aqua (built 2006) to unidentified buyers for about $12m, several Greek and international brokers report. Company executives were not available for comment. Stalwart Management reveals
- NYK back to growth through green and digital initiatives
Ambitious strategy aims to steer the Japanese giant towards greater flexibility and lower capex after spinning-off its liner arm
- Panama Canal to add nighttime LNG slot
Administrators of the Panama Canal cite the growth in LNG from the US as behind the move.
- Golden Ocean buys back some bonds
Golden Ocean Group has bought $600,000 of its 3.07% bond issue, set to mature next year. The debt was repurchased at 99% of par value, bringing the company's ownership in the 2014 issue to $25m, or 12.5%. The bond is convertible into 290,057 company shares at the current conversion price.
- Danaos to consider reverse stock split
US-listed boxship owner proposes amending its corporate charter to allow for such an option.
- Marinakis cashing in after 2016 and 2017 spending spree
Boxship deal with Navios sees Capital Maritime well in the money on former Hanjin Shipping vessels.
- P&I clubs rack up another profitable year
Collective free reserve of International Group mutuals tops $5.7bn
- Economou's panamax sales drive nears halfway mark
Major Greek shipowner George Economou is believed to have offloaded a further bulker, as part of a wide-ranging sales drive that could see him shed about a dozen ageing panamaxes. Athens-based brokers report that his New York-listed DryShips has found trading buyers for the 72,600-dwt Marbella (built 2000). Neither the identity of the buyers nor the price have been disclosed. Economou selling b
- D'Amico Dry seeks $4.7m in long-standing FFA case
Italian-based bulker player is suing alleged affiliate of Primera Maritime for 2009 breach of contract.
- ABS works with Probunkers on LNG barges
US-based classification society aims to codify standards around LNG bunkering with joint development deal..
- Liberty Blue sells brace of vessels
Liberty Blue Shipmanagement of Germany is tipped to have sold a pair of multipurpose vessels. Shipbrokers say the 33,200-dwt San Marino Trader (built 2010) and the Lisbon Trader (built 2009) will leave the fleet. A price of $11m is reported for the first of the ships, with the second at $10.8m. The name of the buyer has yet to emerge. Officials at Liberty Blue were unavailable for comment at t
- Thenamaris crewman dies on LPG carrier
Seafarer reported to have suffered asthma attack off Mexico.
- Breuer buys up shares in Braemar Shipping Service
Braemar Shipping Services director Jurgen Breuer has invested over £50,000 ($65,800) in the company. Kidwell to deploy more capital to grow finance arm Breuer bought 20,000 shares at around '2.50 each, according a to a regulatory filing. The move takes his overall interest in the London-listed company to 71,000 shares, a 0.23% stake. Former Societe Generale and Citibank man Breuer has been a B
- CSSC Leasing firms up baby cape contract with Cargill
CSSC Leasing orders four mini-capesize bulkers at Wenchong backed by commodities giant's charter
- Diana Shipping pens $75m loan with BNP Paribas
US-listed bulker owner will use proceeds to pay down debt on 17 ships.
- Vitol's Latvian Shipping to add 12 tankers
Latvian tanker company wants to boost fleet to 40 ships by 2020 as Finaval tankers join.
- Laden LNG carrier suffers breakdown
Ship towed to Papua New Guinea after loading in Australia.
- Oaktree selling $65.5m slice of Star Bulk stock
Largest investor in bulker company is set to reduce its holding.
- Trump the fly in bulker market ointment
Dry recovery to continue if all-out trade war can be avoided, Banchero Costa says.
- Tug heading to Thorco ship aground on reef
US vessel could take 10 days to reach Danish cargo vessel in French Polynesia.
- VIDEO: barge consumed by fire in Seattle
Firefighters tackled blaze on vessel filled with crushed cars.
- Maersk, MSC loop "first casualty" in transpacific trade war
Alphaliner says rate turbulence expected as APL and SM seek market share.
- Bad news for tankers is in the past, says DNB Markets
Analysts count up the positive drivers for depressed market, suggesting investor interest will rise.
- Israel could open up Cyprus-Gaza route
Government asks Cypriots to look into setting up export route to Palestinian territory.
- Marine insurance broker Vanbreda acquires Proteus
Consolidation in Belgian marine insurance market with the nation's largest insurance broker snapping up smaller rival.
- Jefferies backs Golar LNG to hit $40 per share
Jefferies has added Tor Olav Troim's Golar LNG to its Franchise Picks list amid the belief the shares have significant upside. Analysts led by Randy Giveans suggest Golar shares could be worth at least $40 each given its recent run of positive news. Golar stock last traded at $28.42 each. Stolt, Golar and GasLog to team up on small-scale LNG Giveans says the rapidly improving LNG shipping marke
- Viking Supply sells three laid-up PSVs
Christen Sveaas company takes $12m book loss on disposal.
- Chembulk brings in CTG founder as CCO
US tanker owner appoints former broker Steve Laino to senior role.
- Japanese princess to marry NYK man
Princess Ayoko to renounce royal status after engagement to Kei Moriya.
- Crew rescued from listing cargoship
Sri Lankan navy takes 11 seafarers from Indian vessel off Colombo.
- Equinor signs second Reach framework deal
Norwegian major wants ships for UK wind farm operations over three years.
- Rotterdam looks to boost LNG loading capacity
Vopak, which partly owns terminal, says upgrade will reduce loading time to three days.
- SITC returns to Yangzijiang for container feederships
Hong Kong-listed liner company back at its favourite Chinese shipbuilder for more tonnage.
- Bulk of bunkers spilled from Odfjell tanker recovered
Norwegian owner says it is still too early to speculate on the root cause of the accident.
|JUNE 27, 2018|
- Commerce, Consumer Product Safety picks OK'd
The Senate Commerce Committee on Wednesday advanced the nomination of Karen Dunn Kelley to be deputy secretary of Commerce by voice vote an...
- bm062705aa UN eyes blockchain for sustainable development
The United Nations is taking note of blockchain technology as a potential solution for some of its most pressing missions. The UN earlier ...
- Commentary: Clearing the decks
It's no secret that the freight transportation industry lags behind other industries in terms of the digitization of data and processes. H...
- Lawsuit challenges steel tariffs' constitutionality
The American Institute for International Steel (AIIS) and two of its member companies,, filed suit Wednesday in the United States Court of ...
- Shippers urge reappointment of Maffei to FMC
The National Industrial Transportation League is urging the White House to reappoint Commissioner Daniel Maffei to the Federal Maritime Com...
- TRAC adding 16,000 chassis to fleet
TRAC Intermodal is accelerating its fleet modernization program by adding 16,000 premium chassis in 2018, the company said in a statement. ...
- Convey nabs $10 million for expansion
Last-mile visibility provider Convey has secured $10 million in new funding, according to a statement from the company. The latest investm...
- Arrive Logistics secures venture capital funding
Arrive Logistics, a fast-growing freight broker that launched in 2014, closed on a series A funding round led by Lead Edge Capital, a growt...
- Descartes buys Velocity Mail for $25.5 million
Logistics and supply chain software provider Descartes Systems Group has acquired "certain assets" of Velocity Mail, the company said in a ...
|JUNE 27, 2018|
- TRADER NOTE: Will Bathurst to join fuel supplier World Fuel Services
- Saudi power generation demand continues to pull HSFO from Europe
- Gibraltar bunker operations down on week on demand lull
- Backwardation keeps NWE-East fuel oil arb lifeless despite stronger Singapore premiums
- Buyers rush to secure bunker fuel in Northwest Europe as crude market surges
- US crude exports hit Europe Aframax rates; VLCCs cut clean tankers demand - EA Gibson
Trading patterns are pushing Aframaxes from the Caribbean region to Europe, resulting in excess supply at the destination.
- RMK 500 CST bunker fuel demand in NWE weakens on fewer fixtures east
Demand for the higher viscosity fuel is lackluster.
- REFINERY NEWS: China's Sinopec Tianjin ships first gasoil cargo to Australia
This is the first time the refinery has exported gasoil to Australia.
- FUTURES: Crude remains on uptrend amid looming supply concerns
"We will certainly be requesting that their [Iran] oil imports go to zero, without question," the senior State Department official said.
- China's Unipec may lose top spot as largest tanker charterer for US crudes
The vulnerable position is in line with expectations that the VLCC trade will take a hit if long-haul trade to China are impacted.
- Pakistan's Ocean Bunkers expands bunker operations in UAE
The geographical expansion will enable the company to more than double its bunker sales volumes, Yousuf said.