|JUNE 3, 2020|
- ZIM starts new 'speedy' S China-LA service to cater for e-commerce
- HMM Oslo heads for Europe with a full load of 19,504 containers
- Pandemic to cause 'unprecedented decline' in container traffic: Clarksons
- DSME enhances status as leading smart ship builder, delivering largest box ship
- US Q1 containerised agricultural exports up 13pc
- Cargo operations continue as LATAM files for bankruptcy protection
- Forwarders look to other modes to ease China air cargo congestion
- Cargo-partner launches new Liege hub to cope with air cargo growth
|JUNE 2, 2020|
- FIATA & FFFAI assert global recognition to freight forwarding as essential service
- DGFT notifies extension of validity of scrips provided under export incentive schemes till September 30
- Restrictions on export of paracetamol API lifted
- DPT Chairman reviews situation & issues directions to HoDs to take preventive measures against cyclone
- DPT procedure for levy of penal berth hire charges
- Import-laden containers moved from JN Port Terminals to Container Freight Stations (CFSs) and cleared by importers from March 23 to June 1, 2020
- JNPT outlines steps to mitigate cyclone impact
- Volume matrix of import-laden containers shifted from Mundra Port Terminals to CFSs & import delivery from CFSs during March 23 to June 1, 2020
- KSR Freight Forwarders operates its maiden freighter
- Exports expected to be better in May than April & contraction in June seen much lower
- PM confident of India getting back on growth track soon
- Tea production seen falling in 2020
|JUNE 3, 2020|
- New train connects Vienna and Poland
- Hugh Flynn to retire after 22 years
- Cargo thefts on the rebound
- "MSC Sixin" arrives in Barcelona
- First nine Mason mega rail tracks opened
- JAL's budget subsidiary launches as cargo-only carrier
- Shipping expert joins Commonwealth board of governors
- New facility in Jaroslavl
- CMT invests in Ridgewood JV
- Fully automated shunting locomotive under trial
- Where B737 are still popular
- UTC Overseas appoints Jo Ann Zelaya
- "Curiosity of the Day"
- ZIM's new dedicated e-commerce product
- Fleet expanded - despite Corona crisis
- Much space for large merchandise
- Against the pandemic and for plane spotters
|JUNE 2, 2020|
- DSV Panalpina ends freighter contract with Atlas, with more staff set to go
- Taxis or tech? The dilemma for its parent as Uber Freight keeps burning cash
- BIFA bites back at 'rubbish' prophecies of forwarders' death-by-tech
- Zim targets e-commerce traffic with launch of transpacific express service
- Scrapyards set for new wave of box ship demolition as idle fleet grows
- Still no sign of relief for Bangladesh apparel industry as more factories close
- Platts monthly commentary: As demand begins to revive, fears of a new Asia-Europe rates war mount
- M&A radar: Hapag-Lloyd - Nothing to see here?
- On the wires: Global express/small parcels growth - all that glisters is not gold
- Supply chain radar: Sailing with ZIM wherever the wind blows
|JUNE 2, 2020|
- DNV GL launches new certification in infection prevention for the maritime industry
While DNV GL may be best known as a maritime classification society, it provides certification services across a broad range of industries, notably including healthcare. Now it is drawing on its healthcare
- First fully electric inland vessels to sail with new energy system this year
Wärtsilä has joined a key partners to form Zero Emission Services B.V. (ZES), a Netherlands-headquartered enterprise aimed at making European inland waterway shipping more sustainable. The other founders of ZES are ING
- Treasury designates four tanker companies for breaching Venezuela sanctions
Today, the U.S. Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) designated four companies for operating in the oil sector of the Venezuelan economy. Additionally, OFAC identified four vessels as
- VIDEO: Greenbrier delivers 204,000 barrel ATB barge to OSG
Overseas Shipholding Group Inc. (NYSE: OSG) reports that it has received delivery of the OSG 204, a 204,000 barrel capacity ATB tank barge from Greenbrier Marine a division of the Greenbrier Companies
|JUNE 2, 2020|
- Skuld sells Lloyd's syndicate to run-off specialist
Move marks the final chapter in P&I attempts to get into the Lloyd's hull market, which has seen two International...
- Four Greek-linked tankers blacklisted by US for Venezuela voyages
The Trump administration continues to clamp down on shipping companies dealing with Venezuela. Four Greek-managed tankers flying Panama, Marshall Islands...
- CMA CGM chief sets 2050 deadline for carbon neutrality
French carrier aims to use 10% alternative fuels by 2023 and be carbon neutral by 2050 as it sets out...
- Clock ticking for Europe to find a new regulatory framework for container shipping
The EU's decision to renew consortia rules for another four years, and whether preparations should start for a different kind...
- From the News Desk: Shipping's decarbonisation efforts are worryingly askew
Decarbonisation remains the biggest challenge facing the maritime industry but there are well-founded concerns that not enough shipowners are taking...
- Standard set for smart containers to exchange information
The first of three Internet of Things standards has been released to aid container connectivity
- Seadrill posts $1.6bn loss, will drop New York listing
The rig operator will remain on the Oslo Stock Exchange. It suffered a $1.2bn impairment and 19% fall in revenue...
- Surge in Asia LNG derivative trades
The pricing agency responsible for Asia's LNG benchmark price assessments has launched a new tool amid dramatically higher derivative trading...
- Standard cuts management contract with Charles Taylor
'We believe that this new model will strengthen the club's governance to their long-term benefit' - Standard chief Jeremy Grose
- Ports urged to accelerate pace of digitalisation
Shipping organisations produce call to action for renewed focus on ship-port-hinterland interactions
- Zim launches express transpacific service aimed at eCommerce deliveries
The coronavirus outbreak has led to increasing cargo from eCommerce deliveries
- Daily Briefing
Free to read: Container vessel orders fall to lowest in a decade | Carriers take tentative steps to increase capacity...
- Looming winter of discontent for LNG
Demand is likely to only inch up this winter in the northern hemisphere before another dismal summer next year, Wood...
- Hapag-Lloyd delays bunkering plans due to coronavirus disruption
Moves come as the coronavirus backdrop has disrupted the global supply chain and world trade, thereby forcing container shipping lines...
- Cosco Shipping reshuffles senior management
Wang's predecessor Sun Jiakang has retired from the company
- Transportation Infrastructure Partners acquires US terminal
CMT's deepwater port, storage facilities, access to major rail and highway routes, and highly efficient operations combine to provide the...
- Braskem America plans export facility in South Carolina
Braskem America chief executive Mark Nikolich highlighted the site's 'excellent access' to national rail and highway networks, saying it 'significantly...
|JUNE 2, 2020|
- 3PL Transplace jumps into parcel market
- Maritime consortium pushes for quicker adoption of digital port systems
- New auto part distribution center to fuel Mobile imports
- Zim returns to West Coast with expedited service
- Air freight rates fall on easing capacity-demand imbalance
- THE Alliance to announce Q3 blanks this week
- Breakbulk carrier G2 Ocean expands use of e-bills
- Alibaba offers logistics, finance services to B2B platform
|JUNE 2, 2020|
- Tanker shares slide after downgrade, rate decline
- Castor Maritime posts loss amid higher costs
- DNV GL shielded from pandemic as digitalisation accelerates by 'half a decade'
- UBS: Cruise sector will take four years to return to 2019 riches
- US puts Greek tankers on Venezuela sanctions list
- Overseas Shipholding Group sees major shareholder depart
- Carnival's P&O Cruises extends fleet layup to October
- EEX takes top slot in freight derivatives battle
- Insurance broker SSL Endeavour rebrands as Oneglobal and targets growth
- Zim instates fast liner service on the transpacific
- DryShips shareholders take their last shot, restating numbers that echo beyond the courthouse
- Private equity players swoop on family-owned Perseveranza fleet
- Torm: 'Small fish' shipping sector has a problem with institutional investors
- Secondhand liquidity 'evaporates' but Torm will sell again
- Clarksons broker charged over lockdown breach at Singapore bar
- New investor Navig8 watchful as Barclays builds stake in Awilco LNG
- Cosco Shipping Energy Transportation to merge with Shanghai Tanker
- Dry bulk shortsea rates plummet as European demand slumps
- Monjasa sells Danish terminal after redeploying tanker
- Qatar keeps options open in huge South Korean yard LNG slot deal
- Skuld sells Lloyd's of London syndicate to RiverStone
- Pandemic problems push shipping coalition towards smarter ports plea
- 'Gone for the summer': Fearnley Securities downgrades tanker sector
- Peter Lye: counterparty risk more important than ever in dry bulk
- TMS Cardiff Gas LNG carrier offered for sale in valuation test
- Solstad finance chief decamps to Fredriksen's DESS after sealing refinancing
- Standard Club draws a line under Lloyd's of London losses
- O'Neil says coronavirus crisis solidarity can lead to bigger and better things
- Suicide led Columbia to bring in professional psychologists to help crew
- Seadrill pulls New York listing as loss hits $1.56bn
- Stricken Cosco VLCC arrives at Durban after engine trouble drama
- InfraStrata unveils options for UK's first FSRU-based LNG terminal
- Iran takes its fight to the US with tanker flotilla to Venezuela
- Manager tells crew of arrested suezmax to be 'patient' over wage delays during crisis
- Dubai Navigation puts three LR2 aframaxes up for sale
- APL England master faces potential fines of over $200,000
- Baltic Exchange index production escapes virus disruption
- Singapore 'open ports' initiative sees membership double
|JUNE 2, 2020|
- US sanctions target Greek tankers loaded with Venezuelan crude
Trump administration seeks to squeeze crude exports from Venezuela.
- Marine industries' contribution to US economy swells
'Blue economy' provides about $373 billion of nation's gross domestic product
- No letup in volatility for air cargo market
The airfreight market is a volatile conundrum. Overall, demand is down. But with few planes flying these days and everyone wanting a face mask, good...
- Freight forwarder reports 28% growth in spite of pandemic
International Freight forwarder Eternity México's revenue rose 28% during the first quarter thanks to its digital freight tracking platform, officials said.
- Airlines fight to exit 'intensive care'
June is supposed to be the heavy travel season, but instead of operating full planes, airlines are busy trying to save their financial lives.
- DCSA provides education on 'smart containers'
Digital Container Shipping Association establishes internet of things standards for connectivity
|JUNE 2, 2020|
- Crude prices creep higher on OPEC+ extension optimism
Russia has indicated it supports at least extending the reductions by one month through July.
- Mercuria CEO sees oil price upside over $40/b if OPEC+ extends cuts
Potential faster-than-expected rebound in demand could play key role.
- Brazil's Petrobras may limit crude oil exports to rebuild stocks: CEO
Move to rein in sales came despite record-setting shipments in the first five months of 2020.
- Bunkering body eyes spread of bunker licensing systems at hubs
Advocates of the system say it provides a more consistent standard of service.
- Glander International Bunkering expands North America reach with CANDEN merger
The new office, located in Montreal, will be Glander's second location in North America.
- Singapore's first LNG bunkering vessel launched in China
The 7,500 cu m vessel was launched at the Keppel Nantong shipyard in China.
- External: Global Risk Management