|JUNE 5, 2020|
- Idle box shipping fleet hits record of 11.6pc of capacity
- CMA CGM targets 2050 to be carbon neutral
- CMA CGM levies US$200/TEU Asia-E Africa rate hike June 15
- HMM Algeciras becomes world's largest megaship to arrive in Europe
- South Carolina Ports welcomes First Solar to Greenville
- Transatlantic capacity dearth disrupts operations of parcel shippers
- Airfreight rates on key trades decline for third consecutive week
- TAPA warns of crime surge as lockdowns are eased
|JUNE 4, 2020|
- Andreas Enger named new CEO of Höegh Autoliners
- CMA CGM Group heads towards carbon neutrality by 2050
- ONE suspends Chittagong congestion surcharge
- Potential seen for India to reduce import dependence & boost exports in specific sectors
- Cabinet approves renaming Kolkata Port as Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port
- Import-laden containers moved from JN Port Terminals to Container Freight Stations (CFSs) and cleared by importers from March 23 to June 3, 2020
- Volume matrix of import-laden containers shifted from Mundra Port Terminals to CFSs and import delivery from CFSs during March 23 to June 3, 2020
- Exports from SEZ units see drop in April
- Maersk offers Indian customers uninterrupted rail solutions to keep their cargo moving & exports on track
- Extension of validity of AEO certification for ease of renewal process
- Govt launches productivity-linked incentive scheme to transform India into a manufacturing & export hub of 5G equipment
|JUNE 5, 2020|
- Increased rail capacity to compensate low water level
- Analyst issues warnings for June
- Aramex appoints acting COO
- More connections between Italy and Greece
- DHL says "thank you" in Linz
- Nippon Express acquires MD Logistics
- Three new rail connections in one go
- Space for more influx to the Port of Hamburg
- Gefco restructures air & sea business
- Boosting digitalisation with own IT firm
- Beacon closes USD 15 million fundraising round
- Higher capacity and lower flying level
- E-truck reduces CO2 emissions
- Priority Freight hires general manager in Frankfurt
- Merchant fleet officer shortage imminent?
- "Curiosity of the Day"
- Wabco is now part of ZF
- Vietnam sends PPE to the USA
|JUNE 4, 2020|
- Amazon Air boosted by 12 more aircraft and new regional air freight hubs
- Maersk opts for rail freight to compensate for India's 'lost' truck capacity
- US 3PL Transplace builds-in parcel capabilities with ScanData acquisition
- Idle tonnage weighs heavy on HMM as global inactive box fleet hits new high
- Air cargo players must have trust and 'jump off the cliff' together, says Tiaca
- Opponents rally at news that EC consortia BER could be re-evaluated next year
- Marco Sauer appointed Priority Freight's general manager at Frankfurt
- Karen Reddington new Europe president of FedEx Express and CEO of TNT
- Comment: firms need to prepare for a post-coronavirus recruitment drive
- M&A radar: Hermes won't be FedEx's next TNT Express (hopefully)
- On the wires: The Kuehne + Nagel shrinkage continues - where to now?
- Supply chain radar: Global Ports - From Russia with love
|JUNE 4, 2020|
- VIDEO: Cadets talk about working and learning aboard Crowley ships
Crowley Maritime, the largest private Jones Act employer of U.S. mariners, is expanding its at-sea cadet shipping program aboard company vessels to further focus on developing the next generation of diversified leaders
- Incat Crowther designed landing craft will support U.K. research ship's supply role
Exeter Fabrication in the U.K. has recently launched Terror, a 14.3 meter Incat Crowther designed monohull landing craft that will be one of two support craft on the British Antarctic Survey polar
- American Seafoods tests crew members for COVID-19
Crew members on two American Seafoods vessels, the American Triumph and the Northern Jaeger, were yesterday being tested for COVID-19 as a precautionary measure on their arrival in Bellingham, Wash. On the
- Cox diesel outboard successfully completes EPA testing
Shoreham-by-Sea, U.K., based Cox Powertrain reports that its 300 hp diesel outboard has successfully achieved EPA Tier 3 approval for commercial and recreational applications. As the CXO300 is a new design built
- Austal to make CEO transition
Chief Operating Officer Patrick Gregg is to be promoted to the position of Chief Executive Officer at shipbuilder Austal (ASX:ASB) effective January 1, 2021, following a six month transition from current Managing
- Vigor partners with ABB on WSF zero-emission ferry project
ABB has been selected by Vigor Fab LLC to provide hybrid-electric propulsion and energy storage system solutions for the newest additions to the Washington State Ferry fleet, setting the largest U.S. ferry
- Gasum marks another LNG bunkering milestone
Espoo, Finland, headquartered Gasum has marked another LNG bunkering milestone, refueling Heerema Marine Contractors' Sleipnir, the largest semi-submersible crane vessel in the world with a lifting capacity of 20,000 tonnes.. The bunkering
|JUNE 4, 2020|
- Germany targets green shipping in coronavirus stimulus package
The stimulus package offers '1bn for shipping and another €2bn for hydrogen import partnerships
- UK immigration plan could harm maritime recruitment
'It's vital that employers take steps now to apply for a sponsorship licence if they have not already done so'...
- Pantheon and Pleiades agree tanker projects
New Times has landed the largest Greek order so far this year, a series of five suezmaxes for longstanding client...
- China's US soyabean threat will hurt bulker demand
The purchasing pattern over recent weeks shows that China is in no hurry to buy beans from the US, says...
- Navios Holdings eyes panamax brace plus cash from wound-up entity
The fleet additions were disclosed as Navios Holdings posted an increased loss for the first quarter of 2020 mainly because...
- World containership fleet update: Idle summer days
Newbuilding orders stagnate as owners struggle to find work for existing fleet
- Frontline plans $100m share sale to fund growth
The John Fredriksen-owned company will use the proceeds to fund growth "opportunistically"
- AMA Capital Partners hires RBS shipping veteran
Nick Smith brings restructuring expertise and extensive experience of Greek market
- Changing trade lanes will not be plain sailing
Politics and economics clash over the benefits and practicalities of near-shoring manufacturing
- Ask the Analyst: Benchmarking vessel risk
Building a picture of fleet risk and vessel behaviour is important not only to the insurance industry and underwriters, but...
- World trade recovery unlikely to be smooth or sudden, banker says
'Where is the bottom of the bathtub? How long will it take us to get to the other side?' asks...
- Daily Briefing
Free to read: AIS transmission gaps seen in sanctioned tankers linked to Venezuela | Tanker owners and insurers cautious over...
- Myanmar imports first LNG cargoes from Malaysia
Fast-growing Myanmar has turned to liquefied natural gas imports to augment domestic gas production and piped gas imports from Thailand
- Shipping's new restrictions limit drug traffickers' opportunities
Drug trafficking organisations will accept a 15% to 20% loss ratio, but with fewer containers to check in ports the odds are...
|JUNE 4, 2020|
- AAL steps into semi-liner breach
- Werner taps into Trucker Tools small carrier capacity pool
- Procurement bot software attracts VC support
- JOC Uncharted: Trucking bankruptcies rising, but not to 'catastrophic' levels
- US top ports expect moderate import rebound in second half
- Tight space insulates trans-Atlantic air cargo rates
|JUNE 4, 2020|
- Expectations should not be set too high for a dry market recovery, says Bimco
- Hornbeck looking to take possession of two under-construction ships
- Goodbye contango, hello backwardation for tanker market
- Victor Restis: Shipping in post-Covid-19 era looks bright with a low-carbon future
- Second Chapter 11 in two years is an option for Seadrill
- Indian OSV market nervously awaits first vessel tenders since oil crash
- Navios Holdings spills red ink amid dry bulk blues
- Barclays' Awilco LNG stock purchases linked to Navig8
- LR product tanker rates tumble as storage and naphtha flows shrink
- Tide is turning in tanker markets with growing oil demand recovery
- Chinese financiers tipped to join Temasek in PIL rescue bid
- Singaporean tech accelerators search for coronavirus solutions
- Myanmar becomes an LNG importer with deliveries from Petronas
- Ince brings in Clyde's McAlpine as head of marine finance
- Fesco in 'safe zone' as it dismisses threat of covenant breach
- CMA CGM pledges carbon neutrality by 2050
- Pantheon Tankers exercises aframax option at SWS
- VLGCs drop below break-even as owners look to reposition tonnage
- Atlantska signs Chinese bulker leaseback deal as loss grows
- Greeks are flexing their muscles in dry bulk S&P
- Safety failings alleged in elevator death on OOCL boxship
- Dutch yard RNS claims world first with new Russian vessel
- Decision expected in September as EU resumes $1.8bn yard mega-merger probe
- Polaris Shipping sells two VLOCs for recycling as prices slump
- Ulrich Muller lands top job at Westfal-Larsen outfit
- Tomini Shipping barters over price of delayed Taizhou Kouan kamsarmax
- Gastech to go 'digital' after Singapore 2020 event cancelled
- Panama threatens to fine owners $10,000 if they tamper with transponders
|JUNE 4, 2020|
- LA port police chief decries 'reprehensible conduct' in Minneapolis
Thomas Gazsi salutes his officers for helping protect LA-area protesters' First Amendment rights
- Q&A: Inside the early warning system of global trade
An exclusive interview with Sea-Intelligence CEO Alan Murphy on how canceled sailings can signal future demand.
- Good economic news: BendPak opens Alabama distribution center
Alabama State Port Authority and APM Terminals Mobile will help get products to customers quickly
- Demand for Mexpress Transportation's feeder service up sharply year-over-year
While airfreight capacity has declined in recent months as airlines slashed their schedules, Mexpress Transportation's bonded trucking service has been in high demand at international...
- Scheduled third-quarter sailings sinking
Two space-sharing alliances already have canceled 75 voyages through September
- US customs brokers, forwarders cautiously trickle back to offices
Third-party logistics services providers involved in international trade remain concerned about how their businesses will remerge post-COVID-19. They are addressing tough questions about what it...
|JUNE 4, 2020|
- ARA diesel, gasoil stocks rise 5.5% on week to fresh seven-month high as inland demand falters
Rise represents the highest level for ARA inventories since October 16, 2019.
- Oil edges higher, but remains under pressure from OPEC+ uncertainty
Stepped-up stimulus efforts further supported demand outlooks, placing a floor under oil prices.
- Wartsila, other players form Zero Emission Services to promote sustainable shipping
The HEINEKEN beer company becomes the first customer of the ZES enterprise.
- High MGO bunker prices at Colombo pushes demand to Indian ports
"We are still receiving steady interest for MGO because of the lower prices in Mumbai," said a bunker supplier in Mumbai.
- Singapore gasoil/LSFO spread slides from 6-month high on returning marine fuel demand
The Singapore low sulfur swaps market has been gaining strength recently after a pretty quiet May when demand was muted, a trader said.
- Queue of 20 VLCCs at China's Qingdao wait to offload crude as ullage runs dry
"If a receiver has tanks to receive, a berth can be allocated in one to two days," an agency source added.
- Fujairah product stocks rebound to record led by marine, power fuels
"Demand for storage is still there, but the contango has been reduced so it's not as attractive as it was a month ago," a source in Fujairah said.