|MARCH 15, 2021|
- APM Terminals Barcelona applies 5G technology to improve traffic safety
- GAC joins 'Getting To Zero Coalition' to accelerate decarbonisation in shipping
- Holland Shipyards to construct hydrogen-powered fuel cell propulsion system for inland shipping
- MSC bolsters trade between South-East Asia & US West Coast with new Sentosa service
- MSC revises East-West network to maintain service reliability amid challenging global market
- New Asia-East Africa service announced
- Surge in containerised imports into the US seen in 1st half of 2021
- APEDA organises first ever virtual trade fair to boost agricultural & processed food products export
- Cotton exports seen hitting 60 lakh bales in current season
- CMA CGM PCS in UK ports for cargo ex India
- Port of Antwerp & PSA Antwerp upgrade Europa Terminal as part of sustainable growth
- PPT & NRL sign Land Lease Agreement for crude oil import terminal plot
- Sittwe deep water port in Myanmar ready for operation
- VCT being expanded with enhanced berth & additional equipment
- A.P. Moller-Maersk pioneers first-ever block train from Japan to UK via Trans-Siberian railway
- Gateway Distriparks Group merger & amalgamation process on track
- Railways transforms its Parcel Management System
- Govt to scrap numerous compliance requirements for companies: DPIIT
- India represents a commercial, strategic opportunity for the US in the Indo-Pacific region: USISPF
|MARCH 16, 2021|
- Grangemouth receives dual-rail hub
- How Agility weathered 2020
- Ceva Logistics narrows losses
- Airoldi rises to top regional position
- Truck stop vaccines for drivers
- MSC plans Sentosa service
- Halal-certified air cargo services in Japan
- Driving digitalisation of transport in Asia
- Formula I renews logistics contract
- K Line on the remote side
- Board of directors seeking new chairman
- Supporting the export of products "made in Qatar"
- "Curiosity of the Day"
- Novel locomotive from the Urals
- Kwik Delivery expands in Nigeria
- Tunisair tries again
- Serving Unicef Emergency Fund globally
- Equipment for Yilport portfolio
|MARCH 15, 2021|
- Allow seventh freedoms for air freight, pleads IACO
- UK government in legal tug of war over Northern Ireland as EU launches court action
- $2bn turnaround for CMA CGM in 2020 with demand and freight rates cruising
- More regional supply chain visibility may be the cure for toxic port congestion
- Call for more help for UK SMEs left out in the Brexit cold
- Ambitious BBL Group makes first acquisition with Portugal's Lusocargo Group
- Analysis: CMA CGM + Ceva Logistics - the glamorous couple
|MARCH 15, 2021|
- Maritime training transforms during the era of COVID-19
It's been almost one year since the deadly pandemic known as COVID-19 started spreading across the globe and companies are still feeling its effects and will perhaps for years to come. In
- Zabrocky says Shell agreement "puts Seaways on our future path"
In an earnings call with analysts, March 12, Lois Zabrocky, president and CEO of New York City headquartered tanker giant International Seaways, Inc. (NYSE:INSW) said that the company's agreement to build three
- Halliburton to convert veteran RO/RO for greener operations
A RO/RO combination carrier chartered in by Halliburton subsidiary Halliburton AS is to be retrofitted to operate as an LNG dual fuel vessel and will also get a shore power upgrade. The
- C-Job Naval Architects launches customizable TSHD series
Aiming to fill the gap between standard designs and fully customized vessels, Netherlands-headquartered C-Job Naval Architects is launching an in-house developed series of trailing suction hopper dredge (TSHD) designs. The C-Job TSHD
|MARCH 15, 2021|
- Scrubbers and eco specs helping VLCCs avoid negative earnings
Middle East Gulf VLCC loadings for March set to be the lowest on record, shipbroker says
- Cargo underwriters providing free trade credit cover, ruling shows
'Insurers say, we don't even do that type of insurance. The judge said, that's what the clause says, so that's...
- InterManager to draft quality standard for growing membership
The pervading mentality in third-party shipmanagement has been 'competition at all cost'. This has harmed the sector in the eyes...
- Oil companies expand LNG marine fuel availability
The developments in the key shipping hubs within the Mediterranean and Asia come as acceptance of the fossil fuel as...
- Emissions levy proposal is a major turning point for shipping
Industry groups are welcoming the call for a market-based measure to be imposed on shipping, but are not committing to...
- Antipiracy programmes fail to learn from past mistakes
Professor Christian Bueger says capacity-building programmes meant to help African states better fight piracy too often fail for the same...
- Commercial interest makes 'just in time' arrivals a tough sell
The new clause encourages stakeholders to share information that reveals performance at sea and in port. But some are yet...
- Sovcomflot to spend $4.4bn on LNG newbuildings by 2025
Company reported net profit gain of 18.4% in 2020, while revenue was 22% higher year on year
- Double-digit fuel savings claimed from analysis of coatings performance
Hempel's flagship vessel hull coating is already claimed to have cut fuel consumption by 7.6m tonnes and CO2 emissions by 23.5m...
- Extending crews' senses with automation
Smart autonomous solutions are already solving shipping challenges such as decarbonisation, overcapacity, safety, and human error
- Daily Briefing
Free to read: Not all countries should be in the flagging business | Israel's 'secret attacks' on Iran's tankers not a...
- Excelerate agrees LNG terminal study with ExxonMobil in Albania
Albania looks at liquefied natural gas as a possible energy source to augment hydropower drawn from its vast river systems
- Tankers will benefit from India's aim to diversify crude oil imports
The country's move to diversify its sources of crude oil to meet growing demand indicates growing trade flows to the country...
- Woodside delivers first carbon offset cargo
'We are developing this [carbon offset] offering for other oil products for our customers around the world,' said Trafigura's head...
|MARCH 15, 2021|
- US imports from Asia show another big jump in February
- MSC readies new Asia-US East Coast service
- TPM21: Retailers fuse middle and last mile for faster delivery
- Short-haul demand lengthens truck driver shortage: Coyote
- USDA report urges ag shippers to take control of own chassis
- FAP vendors aim to improve shipper-carrier relationships
- US import boom intensifies, with no end in sight
|MARCH 15, 2021|
- Tidewater elevates two to its leadership team
- Ardmore launches hydrogen power joint venture
- Apollo Management representative leaving Genco Shipping board
- Pangaea Logistics seals sixth straight profitable year as public owner
- Panama asks IMO for help with China-Australia coal dispute
- Aframax tanker earnings rise to eight-month high on Europe trade
- Capesize bulkers keep rising amid China's building bonanza
- Marius Hermansen exits boards of Fredriksen shipping companies
- ADS Maritime's largest shareholder SFL Corp sells stake to Bjorn Tore Larsen
- Ostensjo and Wilhelmsen venture Edda Wind prepares for Oslo IPO
- Eagle Bulk plays the ATM card in $50m filing
- Fujairah's oil company files claim on cargo seized by US
- Castor adds eighth ship since January with $17m kamsarmax buy
- Bahri beefs up chemical fleet in nine-ship charter from Peter Georgiopoulos' UACC
- Product tanker duo helps lead US shipping stocks to another big week
- Contrasting fortunes of renewables and oil and gas OSV markets to continue, Clarksons says
- Eneos splashes out $160m on dual-fuel VLGCs at Hyundai Heavy
- More attacks expected after Bourbon OSV boarded off Benin
- Sovcomflot reveals $207m Glencore LR1 refinancing as profit rises
- AAL expands fleet with series of multipurpose heavylift sisterships
- Excelerate Energy teams with ExxonMobil on Albania LNG terminal
- OSM launches Danish chemical tanker venture as Navig8 signs on
- Eidesvik Offshore seeks debt solution after deferring payments
- Woodside and Trafigura claim a first for carbon-offset condensate shipping
- Technology the silver lining of virus as catalyst for change in ship management
- Ship managers faced their toughest test in crew-change crisis
- Crew change not as bad in Covid-19's second wave, but problems persist
- EEX eyes growing role of freight traders in carbon markets
- Intermanager sees second-party partnerships and standards as way to attract owners
- India crude-source switch 'music to the ears of tanker owners', says Poten
- SSY: Looming special surveys may prompt more tanker scrapping in 2021
- Hafnia hopes upgrades can breathe new life into older tankers
|MARCH 15, 2021|
- US, German airports join forces to boost cargo connection
Chicago Rockford and Cologne Bonn airports operate under the shadow of Chicago O'Hare and Frankfurt airports. But they are rising stars in the cargo arena...
- FreightWaves Flashback: Deborah Dempsey charts a course as pioneering female mariner
As part of Women's History Month, FreightWaves spotlights the first American woman to make it to the top at sea.
|MARCH 15, 2021|
- Repsol says carries out first carbon-compensated LNG bunker operation
Company says move "offers ship owners the possibility of making their commercial routes more efficient and environmentally friendly."
- Crude futures retreat amid virus headwinds, stronger dollar
Longer-term WTI structure remains strongly backwardated.
- REFINERY NEWS ROUNDUP: European companies report lower 2020 runs, margins
Italian refinery production last year fell 15.5% at 60.6 million mt, according to data from industry group Unione Energie per la Mobilita.
- Sovcomflot bullish on tanker supply balance despite sluggish scrapping rate
**Increased OPEC, US output to bolster tanker demand **Sovcomflot advocates LNG for IMO 2030 goals, vague on 2050 goals
- AMERICAS BUNKERS: Key market indicators March 15-19
**Panama sees Cristobal supplier pool expand **West Coast ports track Asian segments
- Libya forms new oil ministry as NOC eyes releasing revenues
**Oil sector seen rebounding with new government
- Europe and Africa residual fuel -- key market indicators this week
**Demand from the East weakened, following initial strength from Asian utility demand, which later shifted into bunker demand.
- Loading resumes at Russia's Black Sea port of Novorossiisk after stormy weather
There are some delays to the timetable.
- Neste homes in on Rotterdam as site of new renewable products refinery
**Rotterdam is more cost effective, Porvoo is more complex **Eyes 4.5 mil mt/year renewables capacity by Q1 2023
- Asia residual fuel - Key market indicators this week
Rising seasonal demand for high sulfur fuel oil from South Asia to meet increasing power generation demand remains a ray of hope for refiners
- Pakistan's fuel oil exports to fall as peak summer season approaches: analysts
**Fuel oil demand witnessed a 36% growth in the 2020-2021 fiscal year.
- Poor earnings prompt VLCCs to cut costs by idling, slow steaming
**Earnings in negative territory for most ships **Lay-ups not an ideal option currently
- Australia's Woodside, Trafigura trade world's first carbon offset condensate cargo
**Trafigura working with the vessel owner to minimize emissions associated with transporting cargo
- Uniper becomes partner in green bunker fuel company Liquid Wind
**Shipping facing pressing investment decisions to decarbonize **Uniper will be second largest investor in Liquid Wind
- SINGAPORE DATA: Feb bunker sales rise 6% on year, fall 9% from Jan
**High sulfur bunker sales, which accounted for 24.32% of total, lifts February sales volume
- Logistics, re-supply issues contribute to widening New Orleans-Houston spread on spot bunkers
**'Heavy congestion' seen for New Orleans in next 10 days **Differences increase after falling in January, February
- TANKERS: International Seaways orders three dual-fuel VLCCs to achieve ESG goals
**Three LNG-powered VLCCs to be built through partnership with Shell **Half of Shell's time-chartered ships to be powered by dual-fuel LNG